(SOLVED) No Access to my folder

Alcarimon

HI, 

i red some guides and I setted my folder share in Private to increase my security  but now I've not access to them by Mac or win10. When I try to open one folder, Win10 ask me user and pass, I put it correctly but nothing. Same problem with MacOS. 

With KODI, instead, I've no problem: Kodi ask me the credential as WIN but in this case no problem!

WHY? 

Tks for the help

Edited by Alcarimon
Solved
13 minutes ago, Alcarimon said:

but now I've not access to them by Mac or win10. When I try to open one folder, Win10 ask me user and pass, I put it correctly but nothing.

You probably need to clear the Windows credentials associated with your unRAID server in the Windows Credential Manager.

Windows only allows one user access to folders via SMB and it is probably still storing your old Guest/blank credentials for non-secure access.  Until you clear those from the Credential Manager, even if you enter a new secure user and password, it will ignore them and continue to use the stored credentials.

I don't know if MacOS has something similar.

8 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You probably need to clear the Windows credentials associated with your unRAID server in the Windows Credential Manager.

Windows only allows one user access to folders via SMB and it is probably still storing your old Guest/blank credentials for non-secure access.  Until you clear those from the Credential Manager, even if you enter a new secure user and password, it will ignore them and continue to use the stored credentials.

I don't know if MacOS has something similar.

I think I cleared all credentials, but nothing. When I put user: root and pass:xxxxxxxxx Win tell me access denied 

Anything wrong?

2115418726_Schermata2021-04-01alle00_19_05.thumb.png.b21e193c3de1af7ef7c06847d47b4bfd.png

• Alcarimon changed the title to (SOLVED) No Access to my folder
20 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It is a security measure.

And a dang good one! Once root is exposed it is game over. I would highly recommend you keep your shares Private and Read Only until you need to write to them. That way if there is a ransomware attack on a client connecting to those shares, they can't encrypt your entire UNRAID server. It's a pain, but well worth the minimal effort to enforce this additional security measure.