INTEL 11TH GEN IGPU SUPPORT FOR UNRAID? I5-11500

5 hours ago, dazzathewiz said:

Have an i7-11700 and same issue. It doesn't look like it's updated in the Kernel for support yet. Just have to wait - I have tried 6.9.2 and still not updated.

Have a look at this thread.

You need to add options for the i915 driver.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 6:21 AM, dazzathewiz said:

Oh awesome, thanks! Can confirm adding 

options i915 force_probe=4c8a

to /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf worked a treat and I now have the /dev/dri device

1610038738_ScreenShot2021-04-09at8_20_34pm.thumb.png.1249f7f3c10c55f8d770022f989d6fd6.png

Hey, going to pull the trigger on an 11th Gen soon. Just wanted to confirm that you were able to get the iGPU working? Ill be using it for Plex server most likely.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ziggfreed said:

Hey, going to pull the trigger on an 11th Gen soon. Just wanted to confirm that you were able to get the iGPU working? Ill be using it for Plex server most likely.

Thanks!

My understanding is, that it works but HDR to SDR tone mapping don't... 

Edited by arturovf
spelling
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:37 PM, gdarko said:

Does unRAID supports i7-11700 ?

Yes! Just got a Dell XPS 8940 with that CPU. And luckily, I did not need to do any modifications. Just install Intel GPU TOP from the Community Apps and reboot. Using it on Plex and Handbrake. I heard issues with HDR videos but I am unable to test that. (No HDR Movies 😅 YET) ich777, the developer of the Intel GPU TOP plugin said it is a Plex issue and they are the ones that need to fix that. Nothing to do with Unraid or hardware.

Edited by droidcli
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I'm going to drop this here in case anyone needs it. I have an i5-11400 with an ASUS PRIME H570-PLUS motherboard. I couldn't figure out how to get both a discrete card and the iGPU working. I wasn’t able to boot from the USB without turning on some compatibility mode (called CSM), and if I turn on CSM I lose the option to use both the iGPU and the discrete GPU.

To fix, I had to go into /boot and change the "EFI-/" directory name to "EFI". This would then allow for UEFI booting, which then allowed me to set it to use iGPU multi monitor, which allowed for both the iGPU and discrete card to be used concurrently.