UHD 750 - Rocket Lake IGP support.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you try it with a native client on iOS or Android and test another movie?

Android app on my phone has same green static at the same places. 

I added another 1080p file to the test server, it also has green static along the right side. 

Edited by Ponder
Tested another file.
36 minutes ago, Ponder said:

Android app on my phone has same green static at the same places. 

I added another 1080p file to the test server, it also has green static along the right side. 

Can you also try to set up Jellyfin and try it with that?

That is really strange with the artifacts...

Never seen that before...

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you also try to set up Jellyfin and try it with that?

That is really strange with the artifacts...

Never seen that before...

I've only used plex before but I'll give it a try. Does having a UHD 730 vs a 750 affect anything with these drivers? 

7 hours ago, Ponder said:

Assuming I set up the Jellyfin docker correctly (adding the additional parameters for quick sync) it software transcodes fine. If I enable quicksync acceleration in admin options nothing plays at all. 

What container did you use to test?

5 hours ago, D.Romeleitis said:

looks the same on my I5 11600 System. 

I installed the newest Intel GPU TOP Plugin, deleted the i915.conf file and restarted... 

Go to the Emby forums and create a report there, seems like that there is missing something inside the container.

Eventually also try to set up Jellyfin and see if the transcoding is working (if you try it install my Container from the CA App because I'm using the latest Media Driver).

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

What container did you use to test?

Go to the Emby forums and create a report there, seems like that there is missing something inside the container.

Eventually also try to set up Jellyfin and see if the transcoding is working (if you try it install my Container from the CA App because I'm using the latest Media Driver).

This isn't an emby error. I don't see any information about the iGPU on the Dashboard. 

image.png.5d174b0faf6bbc2452f857025522d593.png

43 minutes ago, D.Romeleitis said:

I did it this way... 

At the moment jellyfin from your repo is indexing my media.

I started a movie in jellyfin. Same result as in emby. No reaction on the Dashboard... 

Screenshot_20210620-115417_Chrome.jpg

What do you see if you run intel_gpu_top on a cmd line?

intel-gpu-top: Intel Cometlake (Gen9) @ /dev/dri/card0 -    0/   0 MHz;   0% RC6;  0.00/ 4.82 W;        0 irqs/s

IMC reads:       65 MiB/s
     IMC writes:       17 MiB/s

ENGINES     BUSY                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  MI_SEMA MI_WAIT
       Render/3D    0.00% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |      0%      0%
         Blitter    0.00% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |      0%      0%
           Video    0.00% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |      0%      0%
    VideoEnhance    0.00% |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |      0%      0%

^C
root@computenode:/var/log# 

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask if you can try mine too? I'm using the latest Media Driver from Intel.

The really strange part is that I've got reports from users that Plex is working just fine with Intel 11th gen.

I'll give it a go. I don't have a GPU section on my dashboard like another user screenshot is that normal? 

1 minute ago, Ponder said:

I'll give it a go. I don't have a GPU section on my dashboard like another user screenshot is that normal? 

Yes, this is normal, this is the GPU Statistics plugin from @b3rs3rk. ;)

Please wait a little bit I will try it on actual hardware.

What Plex container habe you installed? The official one?

51 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, this is normal, this is the GPU Statistics plugin from @b3rs3rk. ;)

Please wait a little bit I will try it on actual hardware.

What Plex container habe you installed? The official one?

I tried official plex, linuxserver and binhex all had same artifacts. 

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I've looked at the screenshot again and this seems really weired, can you test my Jellyfin container too and see if it also has this artifacts?

Whoops didn't realize you had one as well, my bad I'm new here. I installed your Jellyfin, followed the Intel instructions, and so far 15min of watching it seems to work fine! I installed that GPU load tool as well to verify gpu is being used, thanks!

Jellyfin is a pretty nice program so far.

3 hours ago, Ponder said:

Whoops didn't realize you had one as well, my bad I'm new here. I installed your Jellyfin, followed the Intel instructions, and so far 15min of watching it seems to work fine! I installed that GPU load tool as well to verify gpu is being used, thanks!

Jellyfin is a pretty nice program so far.

Then it seems like there is a problem with Plex. Try to create a ticket on the Plex forums that you've got artifacts when you are transcoding with your 11th gen CPU.

Yes, I aslo think Jellyfin is a really nice application but on some edges it needs polishing... :)

It's basically a fork from Emby and they went in two different directions some day in the past.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Then it seems like there is a problem with Plex. Try to create a ticket on the Plex forums that you've got artifacts when you are transcoding with your 11th gen CPU.

Yes, I aslo think Jellyfin is a really nice application but on some edges it needs polishing... :)

It's basically a fork from Emby and they went in two different directions some day in the past.

Is there a way to tell from the Jellyfin admin dashboard if a client transcode is using hardware acceleration similar to how plex adds the (hw) tag? 

4 minutes ago, Ponder said:

Is there a way to tell from the Jellyfin admin dashboard if a client transcode is using hardware acceleration similar to how plex adds the (hw) tag? 

Sadly enough not at the moment from what I know.

You can make a feature request for that on Github here: Github Issues

In Emby this feature is already available and you can see usually that HW transcoding is used but we discovered yesterday with the Intel 11th Gen iGPU HW transcoding is not working on @D.Romeleitis machine like it is the case for Plex. :/

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Plex just had an update, however that didn't fix my green static artifacts. I'll write a bug ticket for it thanks.

1 minute ago, Ponder said:

Plex just had an update, however that didn't fix my green static artifacts. I'll write a bug ticket for it thanks.

That is really strange... Never seen that before.

Eventually the Intel Media Driver is too old but I don't know if they even use it or some proprietary stuff... ;)

On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, ich777 said:

That is really strange... Never seen that before.

Eventually the Intel Media Driver is too old but I don't know if they even use it or some proprietary stuff... ;)

Do you have some sort of "special sauce" in your Jellyfin build? It's the only one that worked for me.

• Haha 1