UHD 750 - Rocket Lake IGP support.

4 hours ago, Ponder said:

Do you have some sort of "special sauce" in your Jellyfin build? It's the only one that worked for me.

That's my secret... :D

Jokes asside, I use the latest Media Driver, and new Mesa drivers, eventually that's the special sauce... :D

My container is not special at all since I'm not doing anything special or really differently from the official one and the others (mine is one from the "others" :D )

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 12:42 AM, Ronin said:

can report to have similar issue with either green bar on right or white specks on some videos when transcoding. Used the discussed methods to get GPU transcoding on intel i511500. 

@Ponder experienced the same thing and we narrowed it down that the Plex container itself (something is missing or too old in the cintainer I think).

@Ponder tried it with my Jellyfin container and it works flawlessly without any artifacts.

@ich777 appreciate the response. Never tried Jellyfin but will attempt to compare. Seems like its available for many of the same platforms. I'm assuming you like Jellyfin over Plex for other reasons. 

lol just saw ur version. I'll give it a go. Thanks for you time

Edited by Ronin
35 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I'm assuming you like Jellyfin over Plex for other reasons. 

I'm currently using Emby and Jellyfin...

I never liked Plex because you data is strictly speaking in the "Cloud" and searched for an alternative and that's where I found Emby.

Jellyfin is just a Fork from Emby because the devs split up a while ago.

Yes, you have to use my version because I use the latest Media Drivers and as I'm aware of my container is the only that works with AMD, Intel and Nvidia.

4 hours ago, jump1e said:

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to a 11400, I installed the Intel GPU Top plugin and is working from terminal however when I go to GPU Stats plugin, only my 1050 is listed.

Do I have to remove the 1050 for the iGPU to show up?

If you have an external gpu you may need to change bios settings to enable igpu.

13 minutes ago, jump1e said:

I checked that, it's set to Enable on a Gigabyte mobo and the iGPU info shows up under the terminal command, just not seen in GPU stats, only 0: NIVIDA is listed 

Have you install intel gpu top by ich777 has this installs a cmd required by the gpu stats plugin.

Edited by SimonF

Hi,

I'm setting up a new server with the 11600 CPU.

I get this log from the plex docker when trying to hardware convert with HDR to SDR tone mapping. The image also has corruptions (see attached image). Intel_gpu_top shows very high gpu usage. 70-80% Video, 30% Render.

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

I'm using Unraid 6.9.2.

I am NOT running any i915 file in /boot/config/modprobe.d or modification to the go file.

I only installed intel-gpu-top plugin and rebooted the server.

The plex docker image I am using is ghcr.io/linuxserver/plex

Using tag latest

My render location is /tmp

Hardware dev/dri passthrough to docker is on.

Any assistance regards clearing the transcode image corruptions and the open-cl error would be most appreciated.

Edit: I also tried setting an older static plex docker image as suggested in another post. plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. Still the same result with HDR to SDR on

Screenshot_20210724-113155_Plex.jpg

Edited by Presjar
3 hours ago, Presjar said:

Edit: I also tried setting an older static plex docker image as suggested in another post. plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. Still the same result with HDR to SDR on

This is a problem that was well discussed here and has nothing to do with your hardware or anything else and is a issue from Plex from what I know.

For testing purposes you can try my Jellyfin container from the CA App and see if you get the same artifacts (don't know if that also works with HDR but at least you can try):

grafik.png.46e24aa0b6258988d8fc929fb3fa3033.png

On 7/24/2021 at 3:45 PM, ich777 said:

For testing purposes you can try my Jellyfin container from the CA App and see if you get the same artifacts (don't know if that also works with HDR but at least you can try):

This seems to all work well, UHD conversion to 1080p including the HW iGPU HDR to SDR works as expected.

I don't think the current plex containers are using the HW tone mapping (VPP) as my error in Plex refers to openCL not working. In Jellyfin the comment for "Enable VPP Tone mapping" is 

Full hardware based tone mapping without using OpenCL filter. Currently works only when transcoding videos with embedded HDR10 metadata.

Edit: Head over to this plex support thread. Active support is happening.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/anyone-have-been-able-to-hw-transcode-on-an-intel-nuc-11-iris-xe/695381?

Edit2; Don't bother posting if you go there. Two or three wankers think they own the thread and don't want other people with similar issues spamming.

Edited by Presjar
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Presjar said:

Any chance you could make a plex docker with the same up to date packages as your Jellyfin? @ich777

Hey Presjar, one of the “wankers” from the Plex thread here. In that thread we were trying to get you to read a very similar question came up and the Plex team gave a whole lot of information about it.

Maybe have another look over there

Sure, but just a disclaimer. Our issue and hardware are similar, yet different to what Presjar has. We’re working with Plex on the specific issue we’re having on our hardware (Intel NUC 11th Gen, Tiger Lake) and are trying to keep things on point.

Plex use a fork of ffmpeg which may be the problem. Intel have also suggested that our issue is occurring in the user space - this is what Plex are now focussed on. There is a seperate issue where the Iris isn’t resetting after the error, intel are looking at that.

Throughout the other thread people using Rocket Lake have chimed in with their experiences. They have been similar, but different. What would be ideal is if someone (Presjar?) could create a Rocket Lake thread on the Plex forum so that their engineering team can work on that issue too, without getting them confused.

Anyway, here’s the link: https://forums.plex.tv/t/anyone-have-been-able-to-hw-transcode-on-an-intel-nuc-11-iris-xe/695381/290

Edited by Jmt089
Wording
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Jmt089 said:

Hey Presjar, one of the “wankers” from the Plex thread here. In that thread we were trying to get you to read a very similar question came up and the Plex team gave a whole lot of information about it.

Maybe have another look over there

good to see the attitude and entitlement is multi-forum!

- Wanker3

7 minutes ago, Jmt089 said:

Sure, but just a disclaimer. Our issue and hardware are similar, yet different to what Presjar has. We’re working with Plex on the specific issue we’re having on our hardware (Intel NUC 11th Gen, Tiger Lake) and are trying to keep things on point.

It’s been covered in that thread that Jellyfin isn’t having the same issue, that ffmpeg doesn’t have this issue, and that Plex use a fork of ffmpeg which seems to have a problem. Intel have also suggested that our issue is occurring in the user space - this is what Plex are now focussed on. There is a seperate issue where the Iris isn’t resetting after the error, intel are looking at that.

Throughout the other thread people using Rocket Lake have chimed in with their experiences. They have been similar, but different. What would be ideal is if someone (Presjar?) could create a Rocket Lake thread on the Plex forum so that their engineering team can work on that issue too, without getting them confused.

Anyway, here’s the link: https://forums.plex.tv/t/anyone-have-been-able-to-hw-transcode-on-an-intel-nuc-11-iris-xe/695381/290

two issues occurring. User space (plex) when trying to encode (decode works fine). System space (kernel) doesn’t handle the gpu reset and causes system instability. 

again - these are issues with nuc11 (tiger lake). 

7 minutes ago, Jmt089 said:

Intel NUC 11th Gen, Tiger Lake

What's the problem with 11th Gen in your case, the artifacting?

I only can tell you that currently on a dev version from unRAID with Kernel version 5.13.13 HW transcoding is broken with Plex.

What version from the Intel Media Drivers Plex is using, do they also include the Mesa drivers with support for HW acceleration.

A few days ago I had to compile ffmpeg to support VA-API and NVENC in my Own Cast container.

So, I'm also coming from the Plex thread and someone posted the ICH77's Jellyfin build

The hardware: 

Tiger Lake 1135G7

16gb RAM

OpenMediaVault 5 (Kernel 5.10)

On Ich77's container, transcoding works as expected with no artifacts, with a small note, direct play does not trigger HDR to SDR and video is choppy (But that's maybe the WebUI, no choppiness in Android app), triggering transcoding does trigger HDR to SDR and works flawless. So it's maybe down to linuxserver's build (or Plex eventually) not using the latest drivers ?

Also thanks for the effort, it's a sight of relief to see that it can work

Edited by Iglo
Adding info
31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What's the problem with 11th Gen in your case, the artifacting?

In our case we’re pretty lucky if we get to that point.

We get a GPU hang when transcoding and need to reboot our machines to bring it back up. For SDR content and HDR.

The only variable is how long it takes to crash.

I did get it to do tonemapping for a few secs once and I did have artefacts, iirc the video also played only in shades of green too.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:12 AM, Iglo said:

So, I'm also coming from the Plex thread and someone posted the ICH77's Jellyfin build

The hardware: 

Tiger Lake 1135G7

16gb RAM

OpenMediaVault 5 (Kernel 5.10)

On Ich77's container, transcoding works as expected with no artifacts, with a small note, direct play does not trigger HDR to SDR and video is choppy (But that's maybe the WebUI, no choppiness in Android app), triggering transcoding does trigger HDR to SDR and works flawless. So it's maybe down to linuxserver's build (or Plex eventually) not using the latest drivers ?

Also thanks for the effort, it's a sight of relief to see that it can work

Are you suggesting that you had artifacts in HDR to SDR transcoding on linuxserver docker but it issue went away with ich77's? Is your HDR tone mapping on? 

I'm using linuxserver docker with UHD 730 (i5 11400) and have artifacts in HDR to SDR. Wonder if it's worth trying ich77's instead? But how is jellyfin compared to plex?

Edited by jayephx
On 9/8/2021 at 8:08 PM, jayephx said:

Are you suggesting that you had artifacts in HDR to SDR transcoding on linuxserver docker but it issue went away with ich77's? Is your HDR tone mapping on? 

I'm using linuxserver docker with UHD 730 (i5 11400) and have artifacts in HDR to SDR. Wonder if it's worth trying ich77's instead? But how is jellyfin compared to plex?

The best way to find out is try for yourself, it might differ from a case to another but in my case the container from ich777 fixed transcoding issues I had using other Jellyfin or Plex container.

I still have a minor glitch where content is jittery and sometime it crash but that might be the default encoding of these files but far from other containers (mainly because it might use older drivers)

It's up to Intel ultimately fixing the issues, we are mostly powerless here

Edited by Iglo
Adding info
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, fahmietalife said:

Ok sounds like i have to reboot my Unraid when im back at home, im just worry that it will fail to boot, especially when im at the middle of the ocean. Anyway thank you sir, i'll update you when im back at home. 

So im finally back at home last week and i rebooted my server but it failed to boot up. It got stuck at below. I had to remove the intel gpu top plugin manually from the thumbdrive then only i can boot to unraid.

IMG_20210923_184853.thumb.jpg.3d38ff25bd17eb628deeee48010f0d4e.jpg

Edited by fahmietalife