[Support] lnxd - XMRig

8 hours ago, horphi said:

is it also possible, to mine https://rvn.nanopool.org/?

The pre-settings are showing --coin=monero

Where can i change this value?

Hey @horphi, this is quite difficult to set up but possible. Ravencoin uses the kawpow algorithm which is a GPU algorithm. To use XMRig you will need to go on the latest-root tag and re-install it from CA to get the new GPU options, and configure those. Then you will need to follow the instructions I'm giving for @tsakodim below but set the Coin variable to an unsupported option like x instead. Then you will need to add --algo kawpow to additional arguments and update the pool & wallet details per the Nanopool website. 

PS. there is a typo in your Additional Arguments--random-1gb-pages should be --randomx-1gb-pages

4 hours ago, tsakodim said:

Hello again

Can I mine different algos supported by xmrig by adding it to the "Additional xmrig Arguments:" field?

If not please add an algo option it will be the best!!!

Thanks in advance

Hey @tsakodim

At the moment there is a hidden variable for COIN. The --algo option wasn't working with the container in 6.10.1 so I hardcoded COIN instead. If you set COIN it will default to the most optimised algorithm for mining that coin. It supports moneroarqma and dero. Like I said to @horphi above, if you set it to an unsupported option (like x) you can effectively disable it and use --algo in additional options instead.

Example:

Edit the container > click Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device > Set Config Type to Variable > enter the following and press Add.

658451644_ScreenShot2021-04-12at9_14_40am.thumb.png.0a0cc6a9e3059c009b30ab5f36d70fd8.png

Here are my logs starting to mine Ravencoin:

Driver installation finished.

Project: xmrig
Author: lnxd
Base: Ubuntu 20.04
Target: Unraid 6.9.0 - 6.9.2
Donation: lnxd-fee 1%
Driver: 20.20

Running xmrig with the following flags:
--url=rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 --coin=x --user=84e8UJvXHDGVfE5HZDQfhn3Kh3RGJKebz31G7D4H24TLPMe9x7bQLBw8iyBhNx9USXB8MhvhBe3DyVW1LcuVAf4jBiADNLw.Unraid --randomx-wrmsr=-1 --randomx-no-rdmsr --no-color --algo kawpow --tls --keepalive --opencl

* ABOUT XMRig/6.10.0 gcc/9.3.0
* LIBS libuv/1.41.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1j hwloc/2.4.1
* HUGE PAGES supported
* 1GB PAGES disabled
* CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz (1) 64-bit AES
L2:1.5 MB L3:12.0 MB 6C/12T NUMA:1
* MEMORY 29.8/31.1 GB (96%)
DIMM_A1: 8 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz KHX3200C16D4/8GX
DIMM_A2: 8 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz KHX3200C16D4/8GX
DIMM_B1: 8 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz KHX3200C16D4/8GX
DIMM_B2: 8 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz KHX3200C16D4/8GX
* MOTHERBOARD ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - PRIME Z490-P
* DONATE 1%
* ASSEMBLY auto:intel
* POOL #1 rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 algo kawpow
* COMMANDS 'h' hashrate, 'p' pause, 'r' resume, 's' results, 'c' connection
* ADL press e for health report
* OPENCL #0 AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing/OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3110.6)
* OPENCL GPU #0 05:00.0 Radeon RX 580 Series (Ellesmere) 1200 MHz cu:36 mem:4048/8186 MB
* CUDA disabled
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net use pool rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 TLSv1.2 139.99.156.30
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net fingerprint (SHA-256): "c38886efdee542ebd99801b75c75d3498d97978bbcdec07c7271cb19729e014f"
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net new job from rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 diff 600M algo kawpow height 1707112
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] opencl use profile kawpow (1 thread) scratchpad 32 KB
| # | GPU | BUS ID | INTENSITY | WSIZE | MEMORY | NAME
| 0 | 0 | 05:00.0 | 9437184 | 256 | 2884 | Radeon RX 580 Series (Ellesmere)
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net use pool rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 TLSv1.2 139.99.156.30
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net fingerprint (SHA-256): "c38886efdee542ebd99801b75c75d3498d97978bbcdec07c7271cb19729e014f"
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] net new job from rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 diff 600M algo kawpow height 1707112
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.454] opencl use profile kawpow (1 thread) scratchpad 32 KB
| # | GPU | BUS ID | INTENSITY | WSIZE | MEMORY | NAME
| 0 | 0 | 05:00.0 | 9437184 | 256 | 2884 | Radeon RX 580 Series (Ellesmere)
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.540] opencl GPU #0 compiling...
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.676] opencl GPU #0 compilation completed (135 ms)
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.676] opencl READY threads 1/1 (222 ms)
[2021-04-12 09:27:58.958] opencl KawPow program for period 569037 compiled (283ms)
[2021-04-12 09:27:59.257] opencl KawPow program for period 569038 compiled (298ms)
[2021-04-12 09:28:02.113] miner KawPow light cache for epoch 227 calculated (3149ms)
[2021-04-12 09:28:02.113] miner KawPow light cache for epoch 227 calculated (3149ms)
[2021-04-12 09:28:12.723] opencl KawPow DAG for epoch 227 calculated (10594ms)
[2021-04-12 09:28:21.413] opencl accepted (1/0) diff 600M (297 ms)
[2021-04-12 09:28:23.914] net new job from rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 diff 600M algo kawpow height 1707112
[2021-04-12 09:28:32.938] net new job from rvn-au1.nanopool.org:12433 diff 600M algo kawpow height 1707113

Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again,

Something is wrong with the new template, at least when not using GPU.

I got this when using docker run:

/usr/bin/docker: bad format for path: .

The problem is from the GPU devices, I ended up removing each new line from the XML since I couldn't figure out the problem and that's the one that make it build successfully if that can help you.

EDIT: I used an old USB key with Unraid 6.8.3 to setup a new rig, that may be the cause too.

P.S. I not sure what you mean by editing/double posting, I usually don't write in forums but yeah I do love notifications, you should see my phones :P 

Edited by Steace
8 hours ago, Steace said:

Hi again,

Something is wrong with the new template, at least when not using GPU.

I got this when using docker run:

/usr/bin/docker: bad format for path: .

The problem is from the GPU devices, I ended up removing each new line from the XML since I couldn't figure out the problem and that's the one that make it build successfully if that can help you.

EDIT: I used an old USB key with Unraid 6.8.3 to setup a new rig, that may be the cause too.

P.S. I not sure what you mean by editing/double posting, I usually don't write in forums but yeah I do love notifications, you should see my phones :P 

Hey @Steace,

Haha all good, I usually edit my own reply rather than replying again if I am the most recent to reply to a thread. But that time I posted because it was an announcement. You did nothing wrong, I’m just talking to myself 😅 

Thanks for letting me know! I've given it a value as default and added to the description that it should be removed unless you want to use GPU passthrough. That way people won't have the same trouble as you did. And leaving the default value there will do nothing unless you install GPU drivers in the container by filling out the other variables.

The container should work just fine on 6.8.3, except if you try to use it with AMD GPU passthrough. That will install the drivers and everything, but the container won't see any AMD cards because the amdgpu module it relies on was introduced in 6.9.0.

Edited by lnxd
2 hours ago, Creativity404 said:

Is there a default passphrase or email configured if youd want to change your pool payout settings?

I found it searching the thread, my bad.
Thank you for this docker!

No problem! And you're welcome 😁 If you're on the current template it explains too by the way, although it's a bit long so I don't blame you for missing it (or you're on the old template).

In case anyone else comes across this while searching:

Enter a name for your worker. Some pools use a hidden option with this (Nanopool included) that allows you to change your payment threshold on their website. If you want to use this option, you can change this to 'workername/email', eg. 'Unraid/[email protected]', where [email protected] is your own email address. This option is basically a password. Please take note that if you post your logs in the support thread you would be best to redact the email address, eg. change out the instances of your email with ***@***.*** to prevent your email address being posted in a public forum.

If your looking for a good pool that have lower payout fees, a bit less pool fee and is just awesome, try out https://monero.hashvault.pro/ (I don't have any affiliation with them, I would have if it was possible😋)

They have 0.9% pool fee instead of 1% for Nanopool.

Minimum payout is 0.001 XMR and you don't need to wait ages before changing it if you made a mistake.

Lot's of cool graphics.

You know that you get a reward and how much when a block is found...

And many many more!

Some changes from Nanopool for this CA App template.

• If you need to have a worker name to differentiate them add this in the extra parameters, the actual "Worker Name" won't work.

--pass WORKER_NAME

• Since all pools use TLS encryption, also add this to extra parameters:

--tls --tls-fingerprint 420c7850e09b7c0bdcf748a7da9eb3647daf8515718f36d9ccfdd6b9ff834b14

• Pool addresses, higher port get higher difficulties. So choose the right one accordingly to your hashrate. If you choose a lesser difficulty, you will get paid less for the share found. choose the one that suit your rig. More info about difficulty

pool.hashvault.pro:80 (~1 kH/s) 

pool.hashvault.pro:443 (~1 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:3333 (~2 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:5555 (~6 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:7777 (~12 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:8888 (~60 kH/s)

* (1 kH/s = 1000 H/s)

*  You can check the actual numbers of miners under the "Ports" tab of the website.

The first 2 pools recommend the same hash rate but port 80 have almost double the miners than port 443. I have found the following on Investopedia so do what you think is best for you.

Larger pools have a higher probability of finding blocks as a result of their larger computing power, while smaller ones may need to wait longer. Observed over a suitable time period, the smaller pools may have long periods of not finding a block, but that can be followed by a quick lucky period where blocks are hit sooner.

Happy Mining 😁

Edited by Steace
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Steace said:

If your looking for a good pool that doesn't take too much % of your mining, try out https://monero.hashvault.pro/

They have 0.9% pool fee instead of 2% for Nanopool.

Minimum payout is 0.001 XMR and you don't need to wait ages before changing it if you made a mistake.

Lot's of cool graphics.

Lastly, you know that you get a reward when a block is found...

Some changes from Nanopool for this CA App template.

• If you need to have a worker name to differentiate them add this in the extra parameters, the actual "Worker Name" won't work.

--no-color --pass WORKER_NAME

• Pool addresses, higher port get higher difficulties. So choose the right one accordingly to your hashrate. If you choose a lesser difficulty, you will get paid less for the share found. choose the one that suit your rig. More info about difficulty

pool.hashvault.pro:80 (~1 kH/s) 

pool.hashvault.pro:443 (~1 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:3333 (~2 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:5555 (~6 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:7777 (~12 kH/s)

pool.hashvault.pro:8888 (~60 kH/s)

* (1 kH/s = 1000 H/s)

*  You can check the actual numbers of miners under the "Getting Started" tab of the website.

The first 2 pools recommend the same hashrate but port 80 have almost double the miners than port 443. I have found the following on Investopedia so do what you think is best for you.

Happy Mining 😁

Thanks for the info @Steace! Awesome option for people more interested in squeezing that bit more out of their hash rate. The lower minimum payout + lower transaction fees are definitely useful when mining XMR.

Anyone who's interested in changing; best time to do it is right after a payout, as the profits aren't transferable from pool to pool.

Edited by lnxd

After running this docker for a few hours the docker becomes unresponsive to shutdown/reboot. When i try to do anything with it the entire docker proces becomes unresponsive.

I have not assigned the first core to the docker so unraid still runs and responds. but with the docker being unresponsive i am unable to do a clean shutdown. Any idea why this might be happening?

I could make an hourly(or every 3-4) user script:

#!/bin/bash

docker restart XMRig

But id prefer to know how/why it happens and if there is a neater solution.

The docker keeps running/mining btw, just unresponsive and logs dont load.

Edited by Creativity404
more info
7 hours ago, Creativity404 said:

After running this docker for a few hours the docker becomes unresponsive to shutdown/reboot. When i try to do anything with it the entire docker proces becomes unresponsive.

I have not assigned the first core to the docker so unraid still runs and responds. but with the docker being unresponsive i am unable to do a clean shutdown. Any idea why this might be happening?

I could make an hourly(or every 3-4) user script:

But id prefer to know how/why it happens and if there is a neater solution.

The docker keeps running/mining btw, just unresponsive and logs dont load.

🤔 This is odd. Can you please force an update to the container to make sure you are on a version that handles sigterm, and then please share your diagnostics.zip when the container is unresponsive? Also, are you running the latest-root tag or latest?

When it is unresponsive, do the logs not load via docker logs XMRig -f as well as the Unraid WebUI or just the WebUI? And does the first command output something and then not continue, or output nothing at all?

Also, when you say a clean shut down do you mean of the container or does it hang your whole server during a shutdown? Because when you shut down, Unraid will try stopping the docker daemon, which tells docker to send sigterm to all running containers, and after about 10 seconds it will send sigkill to them.

A couple of things to try:

1. docker exec -ti XMRig apt-get install -y htop && htop
  2. When it is frozen, can you please run docker stop ----time=60 XMRig, see if it takes the full minute to stop. If it does, this means sigterm is failing. This shouldn't happen, but your diagnostics.zip could explain why it does.
Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lnxd said:

🤔 This is odd. Can you please force an update to the container to make sure you are on a version that handles sigterm, and then please share your diagnostics.zip when the container is unresponsive? Also, are you running the latest-root tag or latest?

When it is unresponsive, do the logs not load via docker logs XMRig -f as well as the Unraid WebUI or just the WebUI? And does the first command output something and then not continue, or output nothing at all?

Also, when you say a clean shut down do you mean of the container or does it hang your whole server during a shutdown? Because when you shut down, Unraid will try stopping the docker daemon, which tells docker to send sigterm to all running containers, and after about 10 seconds it will send sigkill to them.

A couple of things to try:

2. When it is frozen, can you please run docker stop ----time=60 XMRig, see if it takes the full minute to stop. If it does, this means sigterm is failing. This shouldn't happen, but your diagnostics.zip could explain why it does.

I am running latest-root

When i mean a clean shutdown, i mean the whole server. The docker doesnt respond to anything, and when i try to reboot the server it hangs.

i will have to go push the physical reset button or:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

(^i found that online I'm a total linux noob)

Pulling image: lnxd/xmrig:latest-root

IMAGE ID [latest-root]: Pulling from lnxd/xmrig.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

i forced an update but it was latest.

I am going to try:

docker logs XMRig -f

I will report back 😃

apollo-diagnostics-20210417-0225.zip

I have disabled gpu drivers in order to tinker with passing through my gpu, and ever since (last night) the problem does not occur anymore. So when i had amdgpu & radeon drivers enabled the problem was consistent, and reproducable but now it seems to not occur at all.

I prefer to pass through the GPU and leave the drivers dissabled. But that is a whole different problem i am struggling with. if i fail to pass through the GPU i will try to enable the drivers again and will continue to diagnose this problem.

Edited by Creativity404

Update but without better/additional info:

So after 3 days(usually just 1) of running without fail the problem has occurred again.

I notice the problem has occurred because there will be 2-3 hyperthreads stuck on 100%

BjKzAt8.png

I have been unable to try anything because this time the whole server became unresponsive since the thread of core 0 became "stuck". I could still see the dashboard since it was already open but i couldnt view any other page or open the web terminal. I went and looked at the physical machine but it just showed a black screen as output.

I will troubleshoot/diagnose at the next opportunity.

• Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 1:01 AM, miker905 said:

Quick question.  I run xmrig on a pc and thought I'd like to run it on the unraid server as well.  How would I pass the following command line through this docker image?

xmrig.exe -o rx.unmineable.com:3333 -a rx -k -u DOGE:mywallet.mytag

Thanks

Mike

Do you understand your command line? also it is a windows command line so you can't just paste it into a terminal.
edit the docker: basically you are going to edit the pool, your wallet, and the rest goes into additional xmrig arguments.

Look here for the command line options and familiarize yourself with what your command line actually does:
https://xmrig.com/docs/miner/command-line-options
You should then understand what to put into additional arguments

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I realize its a windows command line, I was just copying to show the parameters I use in windows.  When I attempt to do this in docker I get a "Execution Error" / "Server" error.  I assume it is because the way Unmineable needs to see the Wallet.  "DOGE:walletID.tag".  As you can see from the command line I don't specify a coin either with a command line. I am unable to find any details for the error that pops up when I start the docker.

* I have just started using Unraid and am very much a newbie.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, miker905 said:

Hi,

I realize its a windows command line, I was just copying to show the parameters I use in windows.  When I attempt to do this in docker I get a "Execution Error" / "Server" error.  I assume it is because the way Unmineable needs to see the Wallet.  "DOGE:walletID.tag".  As you can see from the command line I don't specify a coin either with a command line. I am unable to find any details for the error that pops up when I start the docker.

* I have just started using Unraid and am very much a newbie.

thanks

Mike

Do you actually replace "mywallet" with your wallet?
Show a screenshot of how you have the docker settings

Tried Same error.  Pretty sure I will need that for Unminable as i'm not really mining DOGE.  Is there a way to find/show any log files so I can see what happens when the xmrig is run?

Looking through docker.log and see this error:

time="2021-04-28T16:21:43.848677945-07:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /v1.37/containers/8fb45d098f31/start returned error: error gathering device information while adding custom device \"/dev/dri\": no such file or directory"

Update.  Getting somewhere now.  Thanks for pointing in right direction.  I can start the docker now so I can at least get past the error and now i can tweak the parameters.  (Had to set the GPU device to /dev/null as I am only using CPU anyways).

Edited by miker905
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, miker905 said:

Update.  All is well.  Parameters work as expected and since the docker starts I can actually see the command line its passing and adjusted from there.

Mike

@miker905How did you get it to work? I pretty much did the same thing as you did, however I can see in the log things are running well, and I see my hash rates. But after 1 hour, still nothing showing up in my results page

Edited by MorphiousGX

Hi, first thanks to bring xmrig over docker to Unraid.

It's there any posibility to put the data folder for xmrig on appdata or other side outside the docker virtual image?

Because yesterday I tried to use the latest-root tag to use my shared GPU with the container and after a really long download process it started to report that I was filling up the virtual image.

And does the latest-root tag install ubuntu on the container or something similar?

It took like 10gb to install, and after that I had something not right on the configuration so it showed CUDA disabled, then I tried to reconfigure and start the docker again, and it had deleted all the downloaded things.

Does it have to redownload everything each time you stop-start the docker? I thought it was only when you have to update the container.

15 hours ago, MorphiousGX said:

@miker905How did you get it to work? I pretty much did the same thing as you did, however I can see in the log things are running well, and I see my hash rates. But after 1 hour, still nothing showing up in my results page

I got tied up and after I got it running I shut the docker down and didn't actually check for any results.  Did your results show up after a little longer?

1 minute ago, miker905 said:

I got tied up and after I got it running I shut the docker down and didn't actually check for any results.  Did your results show up after a little longer?

@miker905 No sadly it didn't. So I am not sure if I had it setup right or not. So if you manage to get it to work, let me know what was your final setup. Thanks in advance.