[Support] lnxd - XMRig

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2023 at 5:10 AM, amapo said:

Have never had luck with the same on EPYC 7502P. The script applies successfully. But no matter if privileged run, or root or non-root image used, always get Failed to apply MSR.

I believe the guidance in the thread was "don't worry about it". But I cannot verify if it's actually working correctly or not.

Edit 1:

According to the following, the params "--randomx-wrmsr=-1 --randomx-no-rdmsr" disable MSR, but these are hard coded in to the image. And can be seen in log view prior to your XMRig additional commands. Source for file: https://github.com/lnxd/docker-xmrig/blob/main/mine.sh

Can you comment?

@lnxd

Edit 2: 

I fixed the problem after years of encountering. This pre-built image is pulling a very old version of xmrig and numerous enhancements have been made to xmrig's AMD related codebase since.

I ended up cloning the git repo (https://github.com/lnxd/docker-xmrig.git), building xmrig on an equivalent environment to ubuntu:20.04 (because Dockerfile & packaged xmrig build based off it) and changing dev fee from 1 to 0 in src/donate.h, uploading somewhere,  updating the Dockerfile links to that location so it pulls my .tar.gz instead.

Replace command and echo lines in mine.sh to eliminate hard coded msr disabling parameter. I have:

echo "--url=${POOL} --coin=${COIN} --user=${WALLET}.${WORKER} --randomx-no-rdmsr ${ADDITIONAL}"

cd /home/docker/xmrig-${FEE}
./xmrig --url=${POOL} --coin=${COIN} --user=${WALLET}.${WORKER} --randomx-no-rdmsr --donate-level=${DONATE} ${ADDITIONAL}

Additionally, the final piece in the puzzle was using User root instead of User docker near bottom of the Dockerfile, and running as privileged.

Run docker build -t local-docker-xmrig-root .

Remove container + image to avoid caching. Add container, select XMrig in your dropdown, change image to local-docker-xmrig-root:latest

This has entirely finally fixed my hugepages and MSR issues. Happy days!

2023-11-06-175357.png.1c2162ef5e561fce5d8c7f49fb929b5a.png

Hello Amapo,

is it possible for you to create a fork of xmrig for our unraid?

I have Unraid 6.12.4 and would like to use the latest version of xmrig on my server.

the version of @Lnxd is no longer updated and does not have all the latest functionality of xmrig in 6.21.0 thank you in advance for your help