Docker service won't start

@ChillZwix

Why have you given 50G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is usually more than enough, and making it larger won't fix the problem causing it to fill, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Linux is case-sensitive.

Also, your cache was completely full in those diagnostics and that is probably what corrupted docker.img. You need to configure things so you don't fill cache or you will corrupt docker.img again and probably corrupt cache and have to reformat it.

1. Go to Main - Array Operations and Stop the array.
  2. Go to Main - Pool Devices and click on Cache.
  3. Set Minimum free space to larger than the largest file you expect to write to a cached share. If cache has less than that amount free new writes will overflow to the array.
  4. Go to Main - Array Operations and Start the array.

• Like 1

You might even consider not caching some shares. And don't think you can fix things by running Mover more often. Mover is intended for idle time. It is impossible to move from cache to array as fast as you can write to cache.

If you need to write more than cache can hold, don't cache.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

@ChillZwix

Why have you given 50G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is usually more than enough, and making it larger won't fix the problem causing it to fill, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Linux is case-sensitive.

Also, your cache was completely full in those diagnostics and that is probably what corrupted docker.img. You need to configure things so you don't fill cache or you will corrupt docker.img again and probably corrupt cache and have to reformat it.

1. Go to Main - Array Operations and Stop the array.
  2. Go to Main - Pool Devices and click on Cache.
  3. Set Minimum free space to larger than the largest file you expect to write to a cached share. If cache has less than that amount free new writes will overflow to the array.
  4. Go to Main - Array Operations and Start the array.

I have set a max size now, thank you!

How do I reduze it? I have set it to 20GB now, but it still 50. does I need to delete and make a new one?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You might even consider not caching some shares. And don't think you can fix things by running Mover more often. Mover is intended for idle time. It is impossible to move from cache to array as fast as you can write to cache.

If you need to write more than cache can hold, don't cache.

I use it most for download. Did download a full serie that did fill it up..