Existing Raid Support

I have an already existing raid that I have been using from previous servers.  It hosts a lot of data and I do not want to migrate the data off so that I can rebuild a raid that is dependent on Unraid.  (This is one of the main reasons I didn't go with vSphere, this and the lack of support for software raids). 

So, does Unraid support a preexisting software raid for data storage?  I don't care about the price point of hard drives, as much as the ease of hosting VMs separate of the preexisting raid.

(hosting my VMs on my M.2 drive, and using my raid for mount points to share data.)

Edited by xer01ne
37 minutes ago, xer01ne said:

So, does Unraid support a preexisting software raid for data storage?

It can use BTRFS RAID pools natively, but not any mdadm defined pool. Unraid replaces the mdadm code.

Unraid's secret sauce and reason for existing is the unique method of allowing individually formatted disks to be used in a fault tolerant array with pooled directory listings.

From your description, I don't think you can use Unraid without changing how you operate.