[SOLVED] One GPU Passtrough on Ryzen after upgrade

Hello all,

For more than one year, i manage to passthrough a GeForce GTX 1650 Super to a Windows VM using a cheap Xeon from 2011 with no iGPU*.

Two days ago, my motherboard died and i needed to change the motherboard, but also the CPU and the RAM (because 2011 hardware).

So i bought :

- Motherboard : ASRock B450 Steel Legend (i activated IOMMU support)

- RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3200MHz

- CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF

I bought UNRAID saying that "dude, change the hardware, use the same flash drive and you are go to go".

That's true. My array is good, my NAS is working with the new hardware. I love Unraid (using 6.9.0-rc2).

But, my Windows VM did not allow me to passthrough my GeForce GTX anymore, probably because this is the only GPU in my system (i can see Unraid console using the DVI interface of the graphic card).

That was the case before, but i do not remember how i said to UNRAID te free my graphic card after boot to use it inside a VM.

I wil spend time to read again the forum (because i did not take note), but guys, do you any shortcut for me ?

I am using the same UNRAID, the same VM (store on the array), the only i have change is the motherboard/CPU/RAM and IOMMU support is activated in the BIOS.

Thanks all !

Keichi

Edited by Keichi
Problem solved, thanks all !!

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply !

Yes, SpaceInvader is the Bible of UNRAID.

Last year i try the dump vbios / edit hex and it didin't work.

I find another way without it. Probably simpler.

Right now, i didn't see my GC in Unraid so, that is sort of the problem :/

ozrw.png

10 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

In wich group ?

IOMMU groups are supposed to be displayed on the page i screenshot.

After a quick verification, IOMMU is disable :'(

Don't know why, i enable it in the BIOS.

I will wait five hours to my partiy sync finished and enable it again to see if it work better :/

34si.png

What did you mean by "stub" ?

(Sorry, i am French and the translation did not help me)

Yes, i did that.

Have some trouble to boot the bios after, did a CMOS reset, maybe that is when the IOMMU setting was reset.

I wil try again.

VM passtrough with GPU is one of my favorite feature in UNRAID, i definitely need to fix that ^^'

Well, docker too. Unraid in global in fact. :$

Ok, so i manage to solve all of that.

For record :

- the main problem was indeed IOMMU not enable in the bios.

- i then needed to set "PCIe ACS override:" (Settings > VMs Manager) to "Both" (previously "Multi-function" was enough).

- i noticed that i have a user-script (Plugin : "User Scripts") to unplug my CG from UNRAID which launch when i start the array :

#!/bin/bash
echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon0/bind
echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind
echo efi-framebuffer.0 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer/unbind

Do not know if it help but...

- Then, when i started VMs, Unraid crashes ("flash device error" & Parity 1 disable).

After searching a while, i ended up deleting libvirt.img and recreate it as i suspect some comflict between my previous hardware (intel based) and my new hardware (AMD based).

- Finally, i need to recreate my VMs using the old virtual drive and everything was good.

Thank you all for your help !!

Keichi

• Keichi changed the title to [SOLVED] One GPU Passtrough on Ryzen after upgrade