parity check errors - failing disk?

Hi,

I did install dad an unraid server not long ago. He did not check for parity since he got the server. Yesterday I wanted to setup a vm and noticed it was not running fine.

So I decided to run today some tests and a parity check.

The parity check finished with 3895 errors. During the run there were a lot of disk1 errors. After the run I did a smart test and errors showed up again. The drive is making a strange noise so I think it is next to die.

I attach the diagnostics.

I never faced such a situation before in all my years using unraid. Now I don´t know how to proceed since I am not sure if replacing disk1 will help me recover the parity and the files in the array.

Any help is appreciated.

Rgds

towerpapa-diagnostics-20210402-2220.zip

1 hour ago, luca2 said:

The parity check finished with 3895 errors.

This might indicate unclean shutdowns. Does he know the server has to be shut down from the webUI?

Looks like a bad connection on disk1.

Also disk4 has some pending. That and CRC on some disks should be showing up in the Dashboard as SMART warnings. It's OK to acknowledge the CRC warnings and they will warn again if it increases.

Wouldn't hurt to do extended SMART on all disks after fixing disk1 connection issue.