Source for LSI 9211-8i w/ P16 firmware?

jlficken

I swapped out 2 drives for SSD's to host VM's on but it appears my card has newer firmware that doesn't support TRIM as I get the "FITRIM ioctl failed: Remote I/O error" message.

The drives are a Samsung 860 Pro and a Samsung 883 DCT.

I'm not confident in my ability to not mess up flashing my card so I'd like to just buy one that works and then try to upgrade mine as a spare.

Does anyone know a reputable source where I can buy one that's already at P16?

If you are in North America, I would agree that it is a good option. Good price, and from his very informative YT videos he seems a good guy and helpful.

If you are not in NA, the shipping and taxes add up to quite a lot though.

I am trying this guy : bd-xl on ebay. Can't yet vouch for him as I just ordered 30 minutes ago but it seems he also propose to load other FW if you ask.

I has been loaded with the following firmware images:

MPTFW-20.00.07.00-IT

MPT2BIOS-7.39.02.00

EFI BIOS 7.27.01.01

I can also load any other desired firmware version, please contact me with your request.

2 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

If you are in North America, I would agree that it is a good option. Good price, and from his very informative YT videos he seems a good guy and helpful.

If you are not in NA, the shipping and taxes add up to quite a lot though.

I am trying this guy : bd-xl on ebay. Can't yet vouch for him as I just ordered 30 minutes ago but it seems he also propose to load other FW if you ask.

I found him on the French eBay site.  If I can't find another option I may give it a try as long as yours works.

13 hours ago, jonathanm said:

unRAID should get it fixed in their distro as it's been fixed in Linux for a long time now.

This is a Linux/LSI issue, not Unraid, at the time I tried with Arch Linux and it had the same problem, which is not surprising since Unraid uses a standard kernel.

Also, very easy to flash an LSI, you can do it using Unraid.

I decided just to buy a couple of 400GB Samsun SM1625 SAS2 SSD's as they're only $90 and given their insane write endurance will last me for many, many, many years to come.

I'd be spending $70 on a spare HBA anyway to try and flash (probably failing) so I decided just to buy drives that will work without having to flash the HBA