CA plugin FixProblems saying "Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting" but is not

8 hours ago, pegounet said:

Hello

my FixProblems states Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting, but it is not the case, i have 35% space left on my cache share. 

(& my 2 other cache pools have 54 % & 74% space left)

Any ideas ?

config Unraid 6.9.1 Pro 

attached diagnostic file

tower-diagnostics-20210405-0053.zip 180.05 kB · 0 downloads

according to those diagnostics you have the cache floor set to be 90GB and the free space on the cache pool is 83GB

ok thk u for diag analysis, but i can't access to cache floor settings in "Global Share Settings" since ugrade in 6.9.x from 6.8.3. I've seen https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/unraid-os-version-690-beta25-available-r990/page/4/ "Part of same bug:  shareCacheFloor in share.cfg is not used anymore at all.  An individual floor setting for a pool can be set by editing the pools/<pool name>.cfg file and specify value for 'diskFloor'. "

but i only get diskShareFloor="0" in my \\UNRAID\flash\config\pools\cache.cfg file , no  diskFloor=90.

I can't even see where this 90GB limit is defined /where i can change it?

Should i change/define anything in this config\pools\cache.cfg file?

is /will this bug (be) corrected somewhere in the UI?

24 minutes ago, pegounet said:

ok thk u for diag analysis, but i can't access to cache floor settings in "Global Share Settings" since ugrade in 6.9.x from 6.8.3. I've seen https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/unraid-os-version-690-beta25-available-r990/page/4/ "Part of same bug:  shareCacheFloor in share.cfg is not used anymore at all.  An individual floor setting for a pool can be set by editing the pools/<pool name>.cfg file and specify value for 'diskFloor'. "

but i only get diskShareFloor="0" in my \\UNRAID\flash\config\pools\cache.cfg file , no  diskFloor=90.

I can't even see where this 90GB limit is defined /where i can change it?

Should i change/define anything in this config\pools\cache.cfg file?

is /will this bug (be) corrected somewhere in the UI?

ok  shareCacheFloor="90GB" seems to be in flash\config\share.cfg

but no more available in the UI. 

So i guess this is a general setting applicable for every & each of my cache pool ? I'd rather have 1 different shareCacheFloor per cache pool if possible.

would u recommand me to change it directly in the file? would it survive a reboot? 

Looking further at your diagnostics I think this might be a bug in FCP and it’s handling of pools?    The floor is now set individually at the pool level (by clicking on a device in the pool), and it appears for the ‘cache’ pool you currently have it set to 0.   You can probably manually edit the config/share.cfg value on the flash drive and change the value there (which I believe is no longer used on 6.9.x releases) to 0 to stop FCP complaining.

just put shareCacheFloor="1GB" in \config\share.cfg & diskShareFloor="1GB" for each & every cache pool ( config file content reflects the one of the WebUI while clicking on the first disk in the pool) => FCP stills shows the warning "Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting" => So it seems to be a bug in FCP

1 hour ago, trurl said:

That setting is per pool now, it is in the webUI when you click on the first disk in the pool. Not sure if it all works as intended or if FCP works with it as intended.

Correct each pool has its own Minimum free space setting now, and the general setting in earlier Unraid versions doesn't exist any more.

The minimum free space setting per pool should work fine.

5 hours ago, pegounet said:

shareCacheFloor="1GB"

Assuming the webUI worked correctly to allow this to be configured, 1GB isn't enough for any real purpose.

Minimum Free generally works the same, whether for pools or for a specific user share. It doesn't control how much space is left free. It controls how much free space a disk must have before it can be chosen for new files.

Unraid has no way to know how large a file will become when it chooses a disk for it. If a disk has more than Minimum, the disk can be chosen. If the disk has less than Minimum, another disk will be chosen if allowed by other settings. In any case, if the file is larger than the free space the write will fail.

For example, if Minimum is 10GB and the disk has 15GB free, it can be chosen. If you write a 10GB file and the disk is chosen, the write will succeed and the disk will then have 5GB remaining (less than Minimum) and won't be chosen again.

Another example, if Minimum is 10GB and the disk has 15GB free, it can be chosen. If you write a 20GB file and the disk is chosen, the write will fail. Minimum doesn't prevent Unraid from choosing the disk if the disk has more than Minimum no matter how large the file will be.