Unraid Kernel Panic while adding parity drive.

I recently added the old drives from my prior NAS to my new Unraid server, and also added a 2nd parity drive (both parity drives are brand new.) The first time it was doing the parity rebuild, the server crashed with a kernel panic. I rebooted the server, and had to reinstall my docker containers since the docker image broke (I don't remember the specifics, I just remember finding a guide on the forums for how to fix the issue). I started rebuilding the parity this morning, and just had another kernel panic. This time I was able to capture a screen shot from the IPMI shown here:

1412585636_2021-04-04KernelPanic.png.bdabae20ab9362ab6788bde56b3fe3c5.png

I also got a log bundle from the first crash:

unraid-diagnostics-20210404-1021-first-crash.zip

and from the second crash:

unraid-diagnostics-20210404-2201-second-crash.zip

The hardware is a 45drive q30 with the AMD EPYC 7281 16-Core Processor with the Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard. I have also added a 1080 for Plex transcoding. I'm using Unraid 6.9.1

Edited by Kirizan
Added unraid version
8 minutes ago, Kirizan said:

got a log bundle from the first crash:

syslog is in RAM and so it gets reset when you reboot. You would have to setup Syslog Server to get those saved somewhere.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Troubleshooting#Persistent_Logs_.28Syslog_server.29

Not related but your system share has files on the array. See if you can delete the system folder on disk1. Since you have not enabled VM Manager system should only have docker.img in it, and that should already be on cache.

Why have you given 50G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough and making it larger won't fix anything it will only make it take longer to fill.

I saw how to setup systlog, and I have configured it (but after the two crashes). Hopefully I don't need them, but I now have access to them if there is every an issue.

I'll clear out the system share, as far as the 50g docker.img, space is cheap. I knew once I get this working, I was going to play with Docker and get some more familiarity with it, so I decided to just increase the size.

I had another crash today, this time I was able to get the logs from the syslog server. The 127.0.0.1 log is from the local syslog setting, and the 192.168.1.223 is from the remote syslog server setting. Based on the screenshot from the original crash, I think this might have something to do with the GPU Transcoding in Plex, but I'm not completely sure how to best troubleshoot that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

syslog-192.168.1.223.log syslog-127.0.0.1.log

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Have you tried without the nvidia plugin?

Not yet, I was hoping someone with more experience then I have would be able to parse the logs and confirm my suspicions. Since I don't know exactly when the server is crash, or why, I was only guessing about the NVIDIA trans-coding based on the screenshot.