terminal window - text character display issue (SOLVED)

Strange one,

Can anybody help me uncover why my terminal window is not displaying text properly.

The picture shows how text displays whenever I open a terminal window, this also remains after a reboot.

As you can see the right hand side of the letters is simply not showing

bash_window.jpg

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

Thanks Squid, your correct. Using an alternate browser the text displays correctly.

I was using Firefox when i noticed the problem, but Edge (Chrome based) does not have the same issue and neither does Chrome.

Interesting as its not something I remember from before I upgraded from 6.8.3 to 6.9.1 - makes me wonder if I'm just getting old 🤔

• dgs2001 changed the title to terminal window - text character display issue (SOLVED)
  • 4 weeks later...

This isn't solved as the topic suggests.  Using another browser is a work-around, not a solution / fix.  And unfortunately some people such as myself, using Firefox or Chrome, even on different workstations / laptops it is still is displaying an unreadable font.  I have multiple unraidOS systems and each of them was fine before 6.9.x.  So the new version is where the issue resides.

• Ubuntu 20.04 - Google Chrome or Firefox have issue
  • LInux Mint - Google Chrome or Firefox have issue
  • WIndows 10 - Google Chrome has issue | Firefox works fine
  • Mac OS - Firefox works Fine | Google Chrome viewable, but can still notice imperfect font when changing zoom
Edited by Geoff Stitt
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, Geoff Stitt said:

This isn't solved as the topic suggests.  Using another browser is a work-around, not a solution / fix.  And unfortunately some people such as myself, using Firefox or Chrome, even on different workstations / laptops it is still is displaying an unreadable font.  I have multiple unraidOS systems and each of them was fine before 6.9.x.  So the new version is where the issue resides.

• Ubuntu 20.04 - Google Chrome or Firefox have issue
  • LInux Mint - Google Chrome or Firefox have issue
  • WIndows 10 - Google Chrome has issue | Firefox works fine
  • Mac OS - Firefox works Fine | Google Chrome viewable, but can still notice imperfect font when changing zoom

Bump,

This is still an issue for Chrome on a Windows machine.   This is the most widely used Web Browser out, really need to resolve this, thanks!

Confirmed still broken with Chrome 95.0.4638

Edited by pish180

In Windows 10, got to   'Settings'   and   'Ease of Access'   and    'Display'    to look at the    'Make Text Bigger'   and      'Make Everything Bigger'  settings.    These settings tend to work fine for many applications but, in some cases, they can really mess things up. 

Edited by Frank1940

Weird. I got some new monitors... the problem is gone.  I'm guessing it more windows display setting issue than the actual monitors but still very weird.  Anyways, looking forward to the 6.10 and hope the problem doesn't come back.

As an FYI - Old Monitors were MSI MPG27CQ and the new ones are Samsung Odyssey G7s 

Edited by pish180
4 hours ago, pish180 said:

I'm guessing it more windows display setting issue than the actual monitors but still very weird. 

I looked at both monitors and they were both 2560X1440 pixels.  Strange....   Wonder if it is a mis-communication problem between the monitor and the Graphics driver in Windows?  (Wild thought for anyone else who stumbles on this thread with the problem.  Check with the monitor manufacturer and see if they have a new configuration file for Windows 10 for that monitor.)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, csendre said:

Just in case anyone is still having issues with this, font and size selection in Firefox settings took care of it for me. Under Monospace, I changed the font to Arial from the default Courier New and also changed the size from 13 to 14. Hope it helps.

image.thumb.png.d78060742c4ffc99b01be6581a2d6d3a.png

Prefect that worked!  Had to restart FF after I applied the changes though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 6:50 PM, csendre said:

Just in case anyone is still having issues with this, font and size selection in Firefox settings took care of it for me. Under Monospace, I changed the font to Arial from the default Courier New and also changed the size from 13 to 14. Hope it helps.

image.thumb.png.d78060742c4ffc99b01be6581a2d6d3a.png

I kept the default (Consolars) but changed from 13 to 14 click ok the closed Firefox and opened it back up and boom, solved.  Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...