Remote control Lock

Hello!

I´m a new UnRaid user and yet i use the trial version for test it for wath i will do.

all great, i find all but i see that wen i write the IP:Port of the server all can see and work on the setting.

My question is, is a system or setting that close the menu and can work on it only with logit of the root?

sorry the noob question and the bad english but i can´t find it

Edited by LastEndingStart

Just noticed you said "Remote" in the Subject line. 

Are you trying to access your server outside your LAN? Have you put your server on the internet or opened ports to it? If so DON'T DO THAT!

There are secure ways to allow that but you have to set them up.

Let us know what you are trying to do. 

18 hours ago, trurl said:

Just noticed you said "Remote" in the Subject line. 

Are you trying to access your server outside your LAN? Have you put your server on the internet or opened ports to it? If so DON'T DO THAT!

There are secure ways to allow that but you have to set them up.

Let us know what you are trying to do. 

19 hours ago, trurl said:

Don't understand what you are saying. 

ONLY root user has access to the webUI and command line.

If you close the browser you have to login again as the root user. There is also a logout button on the menu bar. 

Have you set a root password? 

the server is only in lan (for yet). wen i place it out i set a VPN.

the problem is in lan.

if i go on on any other pc and i search in the browser the ip of the server any can navigate in the dashboard and any other setting menu.

i will close or limit this possibility.

On the server i´m log out but on other pc i can work on it anyway

53 minutes ago, LastEndingStart said:

if i go on on any other pc and i search in the browser the ip of the server any can navigate in the dashboard and any other setting menu.

i will close or limit this possibility.

Have you set a password up in unRaid for the root user (via the Users tab in the GUI) as when you first install unRaid it will have no password set. If you have set a password then it should not be possible to access the unRaid GUI from anywhere without supplying that password.

22 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you set a password up in unRaid for the root user (via the Users tab in the GUI) as when you first install unRaid it will have no password set. If you have set a password then it should not be possible to access the unRaid GUI from anywhere without supplying that password.

yes, i have changed the password from the standard "password" to the actualy

2 minutes ago, LastEndingStart said:

yes, i have changed the password from the standard "password" to the actualy

If that is the case then you should now be getting prompted for a password before you can access the unRaid GUI regardless of where you access the GUI from.   Are you saying this is not happening?  You do want, though,  to make sure that you have not allowed the browser on any machine to store the password so that it pre-fills it (which defeats the object of having a password).

30 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If that is the case then you should now be getting prompted for a password before you can access the unRaid GUI regardless of where you access the GUI from.   Are you saying this is not happening?  You do want, though,  to make sure that you have not allowed the browser on any machine to store the password so that it pre-fills it (which defeats the object of having a password).

Is so how UnRaid installed. only setting i place are Array (with the relative Shares), Cache, any user, Community Applications and a VM.

i don´t find the menu for controll "allowed the browser on any machine to store".

can you help me?

I've been hitting my head for 3 days

17 minutes ago, LastEndingStart said:

Is so how UnRaid installed. only setting i place are Array (with the relative Shares), Cache, any user, Community Applications and a VM.

i don´t find the menu for controll "allowed the browser on any machine to store".

can you help me?

I've been hitting my head for 3 days

Whether a browser can store passwords is set at the browser level - not in unRaid.  Where that setting is in the browser will depend on the browser in use.

18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Whether a browser can store passwords is set at the browser level - not in unRaid.  Where that setting is in the browser will depend on the browser in use.

ok, but i don´t have never log-in with password from a terminal. they enter without tell me.

Only place that i log in with password is the server who i make log out.

47 minutes ago, LastEndingStart said:

ok, but i don´t have never log-in with password from a terminal. they enter without tell me.

Only place that i log in with password is the server who i make log out.

You mention a ‘terminal’ so are you talking about connecting via telnet or SSH rather than a browser (or something else)?   You can control whether telnet and SSH are available under Settings -> Management Access, but you should still be prompted for a password if one is set.  

it might be worth providing your system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) after such an unexpected login so we can get a better idea of what is actually going on.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

You mention a ‘terminal’ so are you talking about connecting via telnet or SSH rather than a browser (or something else)?   You can control whether telnet and SSH are available under Settings -> Management Access, but you should still be prompted for a password if one is set.  

it might be worth providing your system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) after such an unexpected login so we can get a better idea of what is actually going on.

semplify

i used in this case Chrome, i write only the IP of the server and ißm going in without login

Schermata 2021-04-08 alle 14.45.43.png

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Looks like you have multiple tabs open. Possibly you had a tab already logged in.

Have you tried this after closing the browser completely?

all closed.

for yet are only in 2 to work on it and we close all the task and shut down the pc (when we all go away) dut nothing. Every time we open it, it don' tell login and do so.

Looks like your parity disk is failing

# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%     42262         1463014808
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288760
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288768
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288776
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288784

Lots more like that.

7 hours ago, trurl said:

Looks like your parity disk is failing

# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%     42262         1463014808

Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288760
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288768
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288776
Apr  8 11:26:29 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=1623288784

Lots more like that.

we know.

this is only a rig with old HDD that we use for test (only the ssd cache is new)

In this case when all is ok we will bui a new pc dedicated to it and ""clone"" the setting.

but first we will that go all.