Unraid OS version 6.9.2 available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, Compass said:

I'm on 6.2.2, when I 'check for updates' on the plugins page no update is available for unRaid OS, what am I doing wrong?(besides not updating earlier🤔)

No update.jpg

Ok, once I read the first post properly(its like a test really isn't it....read the friggin question!), anyway, it's installed and seems to be running fine, only it hasn't asked me to set a root password and all my shares are exported, yet according to the bottom paragraph from the first post, thats not what should happen.

Edited by Compass

Hi guys,

Currently I am running 6.8.3. What is the current recommendation for Stable 24x7 running version.

(I am running the Unraid Nvidia build, so direct upgrade is not possible and I would need to start from scratch.)

Is waiting for 6.10.x worth it (to me it looks like it is around the corner) or should I make the leap to 6.9.2?

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Edited by Shomil Saini
Added more info
15 hours ago, Shomil Saini said:

Hi guys,

Currently I am running 6.8.3. What is the current recommendation for Stable 24x7 running version.

(I am running the Unraid Nvidia build, so direct upgrade is not possible and I would need to start from scratch.)

Is waiting for 6.10.x worth it (to me it looks like it is around the corner) or should I make the leap to 6.9.2?

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I think you should always be running the latest stable.  Personally, my two production servers always run either the latest stable or the latest RC (whichever is newer).

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Upgraded to 6.9.2 and noticed my Windows VMs, Linux is fine, despite gpu pass through, operate very sluggishly. 

The CPUs pinned also run at high cores. They are fine at idle.

I'm not sure what could be causing it.

I also created a new VM with no luck.Swapped hardware and experience the same issue.

Anyone else experience this?

Screenshot_20211012-003407.thumb.jpg.db7f30d68ef68eb71fb9399d96455f93.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 6:30 PM, ljm42 said:

Not a lot to go on here, I'd suggest plugging a keyboard and monitor into the server so you can see what is shown on the screen during boot. Take a picture when the text stops scrolling and upload it here.

Also try booting in safe mode to disable all of your plugins.

Tried attaching a monitor, but no signal. Using the NVIDIA QuADro P2000. I tried all 4 outputs. Same result with the MB HDMI output.

On 6.8.3. all is working just fine. Just no Video signal.

Skærmbillede 2021-12-03 kl. 11.26.18.png

On 9/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Squid said:

I think you should always be running the latest stable.  Personally, my two production servers always run either the latest stable or the latest RC (whichever is newer).

I tried 6.9.2 and my drives would not spin down.  Therefore I rolled back to 6.9.1 and I 'm testing to makes sure the drives spin down like they should.  If you are not worried about the drive spin down issue, then 6.9.2 may work for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Why not (how does it fail)?   It is likely that whatever issue you had would not be fixed by a clean install.

Well, on 6.8.3, I have zero issues - except missing Squid's excellent community apps.

It just doesn't boot after upgrading . . 

Nothing happens - nothing rolls over the screen.

Just tried replacing the bz-files, same problem.

Restoring to 6.8.3 makes everything work again . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

So - finally I have some pictures of what's going on during boot.

One picture is immediately after booting with 6.9.2.

No GUI . .

Next picture is 5 seconds later.

root@MASTER:~# docker network ls
NETWORK ID          NAME                DRIVER              SCOPE
16dae0b9cb06        br0                 macvlan             local
3865e5074cdb        bridge              bridge              local
b4a5e3d425e4        host                host                local
e78cd5f82a47        none                null                local
b8031a6cf9ca        proxynet            bridge              local

Skærmbillede 2022-03-19 kl. 09.52.05.png

Skærmbillede 2022-03-19 kl. 09.54.23.png