Unraid OS version 6.9.2 available

On 4/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, ich777 said:

Is it possible that some containers in bridge mode rely on other containers that are in br0 on your system and you have access to host enabled?

Host access is disabled and no container rely on any other and each restart other Containers are online, so it seems to be random...

Edited by DarkMan83
On 4/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, kl0wn said:

I'm stuck on "Reboot Now" it spins for a bit then throws a 504 Gateway error. I also tried to reboot via the typical "Reboot" button, no dice. I SSH'd in and was able to reboot but it didn't update to the 6.9.2 and still shows the "Reboot Now" banner. Any thoughts?

Anyone?

7 minutes ago, kl0wn said:

Anyone?

Try it again?  How much memory is in your server?  Were there any errors during the installation?  Worst comes to worst you can always manually update by downloading the zip file and overwriting all of the bz* files in the root with those in the zip

On 4/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, itimpi said:

Not quite sure what you mean here?    I agree that you need an additional USB stick containing a valid licence for that USB stick but once you have that running unRaid in a VM is comparatively trivial to set up.  

From the tutorial I saw... it seemed to involve a lot of tricks to make everything work as it should. Not being able to emulate the flash drive is an issue for me as well.

5 hours ago, dnLL said:

From the tutorial I saw... it seemed to involve a lot of tricks to make everything work as it should. Not being able to emulate the flash drive is an issue for me as well.

Not sure what tutorial you are talking about?   I think it might be worth getting the steps involved in setting up such a VM into the VM section of the official documentation?

The one thing there is no workaround that I know of is the requirement to use a genuine (licenced) flash drive for each running VM.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, Squid said:

Try it again?  How much memory is in your server?  Were there any errors during the installation?  Worst comes to worst you can always manually update by downloading the zip file and overwriting all of the bz* files in the root with those in the zip

I tried a few times - no dice. 8GB of RAM. No errors. I'll give the manual method a shot this weekend. Thanks, bud.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:23 AM, itimpi said:

The one thing there is no workaround that I know of is the requirement to use a genuine (licenced) flash drive for each running VM.

Yup, and flash drives aren't very reliable in 24/7 operation, I've tried plenty of makes and models and anytime I get 300+ days of uptime, I need to change the flash drive since it's corrupted and won't even properly reformat (sometimes it does but I don't trust it anymore). So I definitely don't want to duplicate that problem. You need to have a different flash drive model than the one running on your hardware as well.

I guess I will wait for Limetech to come up with a solution that doesn't involve having a flash drive.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, dnLL said:

Yup, and flash drives aren't very reliable in 24/7 operation, I've tried plenty of makes and models and anytime I get 300+ days of uptime, I need to change the flash drive since it's corrupted and won't even properly reformat (sometimes it does but I don't trust it anymore). So I definitely don't want to duplicate that problem. You need to have a different flash drive model than the one running on your hardware as well.

I guess I will wait for Limetech to come up with a solution that doesn't involve having a flash drive.

I am using flash drives that I have had for 5 years plus with no problems.   My experience is that if you stick with USB2 drives and avoid the tiny form factor ones they DO tend to be reliable.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I am using flash drives that I have had for 5 years plus with no problems.   My experience is that if you stick with USB2 drives and avoid the tiny form factor ones they DO tend to be reliable.

I'm currently using the Samsung BAR Plus and it has yet to break but it hasn't been a year yet, we will see. Anyways, I'm out of topic a little bit :]

Point is, it could be improved especially for running Unraid as a VM within Unraid itself, but yes I'm sure it works fine with a different flash drive properly set up.

3 hours ago, dnLL said:

I have flash drives in use since the unRAID 4.7 days... more than 10 years ago.  1 is a USB 1.0 drive and the other is a USB 2.0 drive. both are running fine and not given me any problems.

If you are losing USB drive at 1 per year that seems quite excessive for the amount of writes that should be going to a flash drive normally.

• Like 3

Hi!

I upgraded to 6.9.2 from 6.8.3 on one of my servers and I thought everything went just fine, but now a couple of days in I see that the CPU-usage on my 6-core Intel 4930K has gone from ~6% to ~20% when "idle" or maybe it should expressed as a "normal" state.

This with 2 VM's (hassio and unifi) and 3 dockers running, same things both before and after the upgrade.

I can't wrap my head around what is using the CPU so much, "top" and "htop" gives different answers + I'm not that familiar with linux.

So maybe someone could be kind enough to check my attached diagnostics and help me figure out what is going on?

nas-diagnostics-20210415-0744.zip

40 minutes ago, LJP_92 said:

Just upgraded from 6.9.1 over to 6.9.2 and seem to be having issues from the start such as my Win10 VM has disappeared and when I goto the Docker tab I get an error stating "Docker service failed to start"

Please start a thread in the general support forum and attach the diagnostics: Tools -> Diagsnotics

I'm wondering if anybody with an LSI card using the mpt3sas driver has noticed any speed issues?

I'm using a LSI SAS9206-16E HBA and its dual linked to an expander / enclosure - ARC-4036

I've had this setup for a long while now and I've always gotten the maximum speed out of all my HDDs from it.

But when I upgraded to 6.9.2 this weekend, half of my drives on the HBA started running at 60MBs only compared to the usual ~200MBs

When I reverted back to 6.9.1 the drives all ran at their max speed

When I have time, I'll try to upgrade again and see if the problem occurs again

I don't have the all drives benchmark in 6.9.2 which gives really weird results.

controller-benchmark-6.9.1.thumb.png.ed58e63f7936440e755b19d7283aa458.png

benchmark-speeds.thumb.jpeg.e79e0744c34905d1082dc83128be4ad7.jpeg

^ This is Disk 5 (black is 6.9.2)

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Check this:

Thank you, changing  the CPU-governor to "on demand" seems to bring the CPU-levels back to where they were before the upgrade.

However that also seems to increase the power-draw a bit, not unexpected and I can't really say if it is more now than before the upgrade (should be, atleast some as it was on power save before but not stuck at the lowest p-state).

Again - Thank you for the tip!

• Updated 6.9.1 -> 6.9.2 without issues....except

WARNINGS FOUNDSUGGESTED FIX

Share Public Programs Share set to prefer a cache pool, but will not move Due to a current issue in Unraid 6.9.2, shares with spaces in them will never get moved to the cache pool. Advised to rename the share without using a space