[Solved] Helium drive wont spin down

1 minute ago, slikone27 said:

Is this something specific to helium filled drives?

Nope.  I have 7 helium filled drives in two servers and they all spin down just fine.  The fact that it is helium filled and others that spin down are not is likely coincidental.

You should post your diagnostics (Tools --> Diagnostics).  There is likely something else that is keeping the drive active.

13 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Nope.  I have 7 helium filled drives in two servers and they all spin down just fine.  The fact that it is helium filled and others that spin down are not is likely coincidental.

You should post your diagnostics (Tools --> Diagnostics).  There is likely something else that is keeping the drive active.

Zip attached.  I don't see any settings that would keep it from spinning down.  It is Disk 10

Edited by slikone27
42 minutes ago, slikone27 said:

I don't see any settings that would keep it from spinning down.  It is Disk 10

Disk 10 is a SAS drive.  All your other HDDs are SATA drives.

Until recently, there were issues in unRAID with spinning down SAS drives.  Limetech made some changes that were supposed to resolve this in unRAID 6.9.0 but those changes introduced some other issues which were fixed in 6.9.1.  It is possible that in all this back and forth, there are again issues with SAS drives.

All of my drives are SATA so I cannot test it.  Perhaps you should first try the newly released version 6.9.2 and if the problem is still there, create a bug report about your SAS drive not spinning down.

• ChatNoir changed the title to [Solved] Helium drive wont spin down