[Support] cschanot - Docker Templates

I believe you can add --http-port 0.0.0.0:port with port being one you have free. I can test it later tonight when I get back. You would most likely add this to the extra parameters post arguments in the advanced view. If you get a chance to test before I get to it let me know how you fair!

Update: I just tested this and it worked. I will update the template with this as well as removing the --community from the post arguments shortly. 

Edited by cschanot

The ntopng docker runs a redis server as well, this would be causing the conflict. The easiest way to resolve would be if you run the bitnami redis server in host mode then add the following to the ntopng docker template in post arguments:

-r <Your Server IP>

You can specify port and db id if you need with the -r option as well. For quick testing mine looked like:

-r 192.168.1.20:6379@2

(From the ntopng site the whole argument is [h[:port[:pwd]]][@db-id] if needed)

I will leave notes in the template for anyone else who might experience this issue in the future.

If you cannot run in host mode you would need to create a network and set ntopng and redis to use it. Let me know if this solves the issue!

Edited by cschanot

It seems to figure it out based off of the inet addr assigned to the interface whether or not it is a local network. I actually just modified this on my container today. In post arguments I added a new flag:

-m "192.168.1.0/24,172.17.0.0/16,172.18.0.0/16"

Hi, I'm having an issue with the Kibana docker.  I get both Elastisearch and Kibana setup. However when I try and use Kibana, i get a simple white page, with the message "Kibana server is not ready yet".  

I'm unsure how to fix this.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

Here is the log dump:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:11-04:00","tags":["info","plugins-service"],"pid":8,"message":"Plugin \"osquery\" is disabled."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:11-04:00","tags":["info","plugins-service"],"pid":8,"message":"Plugin \"osquery\" is disabled."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:11-04:00","tags":["warning","config","deprecation"],"pid":8,"message":"Support for setting server.host to \"0\" in kibana.yml is deprecated and will be removed in Kibana version 8.0.0. Instead use \"0.0.0.0\" to bind to all interfaces."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:11-04:00","tags":["warning","config","deprecation"],"pid":8,"message":"Config key [monitoring.cluster_alerts.email_notifications.email_address] will be required for email notifications to work in 8.0.\""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["info","plugins-system"],"pid":8,"message":"Setting up [100] plugins: [taskManager,licensing,globalSearch,globalSearchProviders,banners,code,usageCollection,xpackLegacy,telemetryCollectionManager,telemetry,telemetryCollectionXpack,kibanaUsageCollection,securityOss,share,newsfeed,mapsLegacy,kibanaLegacy,translations,legacyExport,embeddable,uiActionsEnhanced,expressions,charts,esUiShared,bfetch,data,home,observability,console,consoleExtensions,apmOss,searchprofiler,painlessLab,grokdebugger,management,indexPatternManagement,advancedSettings,fileUpload,savedObjects,visualizations,visTypeVislib,visTypeVega,visTypeTimelion,features,licenseManagement,watcher,canvas,visTypeTagcloud,visTypeTable,visTypeMetric,visTypeMarkdown,tileMap,regionMap,visTypeXy,graph,timelion,dashboard,dashboardEnhanced,visualize,visTypeTimeseries,inputControlVis,discover,discoverEnhanced,savedObjectsManagement,spaces,security,savedObjectsTagging,maps,lens,reporting,lists,encryptedSavedObjects,dataEnhanced,dashboardMode,cloud,upgradeAssistant,snapshotRestore,fleet,indexManagement,rollup,remoteClusters,crossClusterReplication,indexLifecycleManagement,enterpriseSearch,beatsManagement,transform,ingestPipelines,eventLog,actions,alerts,triggersActionsUi,stackAlerts,ml,securitySolution,case,infra,monitoring,logstash,apm,uptime]"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["info","plugins","taskManager"],"pid":8,"message":"TaskManager is identified by the Kibana UUID: 5d53dbcc-8093-4b66-bdf1-2a395d8bac01"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","security","config"],"pid":8,"message":"Generating a random key for xpack.security.encryptionKey. To prevent sessions from being invalidated on restart, please set xpack.security.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","security","config"],"pid":8,"message":"Session cookies will be transmitted over insecure connections. This is not recommended."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","reporting","config"],"pid":8,"message":"Generating a random key for xpack.reporting.encryptionKey. To prevent sessions from being invalidated on restart, please set xpack.reporting.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","reporting","config"],"pid":8,"message":"Chromium sandbox provides an additional layer of protection, but is not supported for Linux CentOS 8.3.2011\n OS. Automatically setting 'xpack.reporting.capture.browser.chromium.disableSandbox: true'."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","encryptedSavedObjects"],"pid":8,"message":"Saved objects encryption key is not set. This will severely limit Kibana functionality. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","fleet"],"pid":8,"message":"Fleet APIs are disabled because the Encrypted Saved Objects plugin is missing encryption key. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","actions","actions"],"pid":8,"message":"APIs are disabled because the Encrypted Saved Objects plugin is missing encryption key. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:12-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","alerts","plugins","alerting"],"pid":8,"message":"APIs are disabled because the Encrypted Saved Objects plugin is missing encryption key. Please set xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey in the kibana.yml or use the bin/kibana-encryption-keys command."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:13-04:00","tags":["info","plugins","monitoring","monitoring"],"pid":8,"message":"config sourced from: production cluster"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:13-04:00","tags":["info","savedobjects-service"],"pid":8,"message":"Waiting until all Elasticsearch nodes are compatible with Kibana before starting saved objects migrations..."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:13-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","licensing"],"pid":8,"message":"License information could not be obtained from Elasticsearch due to [illegal_argument_exception] request [/_xpack] contains unrecognized parameter: [accept_enterprise] :: {\"path\":\"/_xpack?accept_enterprise=true\",\"statusCode\":400,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"request [/_xpack] contains unrecognized parameter: [accept_enterprise]\\\"}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"illegal_argument_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":\\\"request [/_xpack] contains unrecognized parameter: [accept_enterprise]\\\"},\\\"status\\\":400}\"} error"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:13-04:00","tags":["warning","plugins","monitoring","monitoring"],"pid":8,"message":"X-Pack Monitoring Cluster Alerts will not be available: X-Pack plugin is not installed on the Elasticsearch cluster."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-13T14:58:13-04:00","tags":["error","savedobjects-service"],"pid":8,"message":"This version of Kibana (v7.12.0) is incompatible with the following Elasticsearch nodes in your cluster: v6.6.2 @ 172.17.0.9:9200 (172.17.0.9)"}

On 4/13/2021 at 9:02 PM, cschanot said:

For your elasticsearch docker change the docker tag from 6.6.2 to 7.12.0 and apply. That will update you to the same version Kibana is running. Once Elasticsearch is up try running Kibana again. Let me know if you have any questions!

How do I change the docker tag?  I tried d8sychain/elasticsearch:v7.12.0 and d8sychain/elasticsearch:version:7.12.0  but no dice.  I only see the latest tag on the docker hub.

Update: pulled from official repo using elasticsearch:7.12.0 in my docker repository field

Edited by ghzgod
Update
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, stayupthetree said:

Works good for 10 minutes with a nice fancy dashboard, then that goes away unless I drop 300 Euros for a pro license. WTF

You can add the community tag to the post arguments and you don't have to worry about paying for the pro version. Of course the community edition doesn't have all the full features as the pro version. Check this site for a comparison: https://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/

• 5 months later...

ERROR: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.

I'm getting this Error few times a second, after the Docker is running around 5minutes.

At that point also the Web Interface is becoming really slow.

No idea what's wrong 😕