Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 (question about the bracket)

papnikol

Hi everybody

i need to by a new Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 sata expansion card and i found this in amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-AOC-SASLP-MV8-with-CDR-Bracket/dp/B002KGLDXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298261200&sr=8-1

Unfortunately it does not state if it is has a low or high profile bracket coming with it. i 've noticed that 3 out of 4 reviewers are mentioning their unraid server so i am hoping that someone can give me this little piece of info....

Thanks in advance.

Keep in mind that I bought mine in Australia but mine came with both a half height and full height bracket.

You see the 2 screw holes, they allow you to change the bracket.

Josh

well, the thing is that this depends on the place you order it from. for example, in newegg the specify that they offer only a low bracket. in amazon, they dont specify it... where exactly did you get yours from?

unless if by 'low profile' it means something else

It does not say low-profile "bracket".

What it means is that it is a low-profile form-factor CARD which makes it possible to use either a low-profile bracket or a standard bracket.

Read the first comment on Newegg about it.

Ah, i see, my mistake then. it is annoying that they dont mention such stuff in the main page

Retailers like Newegg usually rely on the vendor for description text and details, as the retailer does not want to 1) say anything wrong or 2) say anything the vendor doesn't want said, or 3) create liability that they can't get indemnification from the vendor on.

yes, i know, that is why on some products they have great details and on others they have nothing. Big companies such as newegg or amazon could demand more details but they shouldn't have to demand the obvious...

well, the thing is that this depends on the place you order it from. for example, in newegg the specify that they offer only a low bracket. in amazon, they dont specify it... where exactly did you get yours from?

www.scorptech.com.au

Will probably get one from the states off ebay next as cheaper.

Josh