Motherboard for intel 10th gen

I'm currently using an 11 year old xeon setup and I think its time for an upgrade. It really struggles with plex transcodes. I'm looking at going intel 10th gen for the igpu to use with plex. The problem is I have 2 LSI HBA's and haven't really found a motherboard that's proven to work ok with 2 installed and still have decent performance. Does anyone have a recommendation on a motherboard I could use?

P.S. I was going to get the intel 10400 

I think I found a solution to my problem. I'm thinking to go with the Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Ultra and the 10400 for the igpu. It looks like both HBAs will run at x8 as long as I can put one in the first pcie slot without it causing any problems. Am I looking at this correctly or am I missing something? The HBAs are both sas2008 chipsets.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 12:06 AM, Roger C said:

Am I looking at this correctly or am I missing something? The HBAs are both sas2008 chipsets.

See this Link

https://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=mbp4_1200&xf=12418_2&sort=p#productlist

These are all MBs with two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots that are electrical x8 or higher.

So you can use 2x HBA at full speed.

FYI: The SAS2008 has only a PCIe 2.0 x8 interface - max. transfer of 4000 MB/sek.

The more modern SAS2308 (like on my HBA) has a PCIe 3.0 x8 interface with a max. transfer of 7877 MB/sek.

Edited by Zonediver