Migrate Synology docker to unraid

Hi,

I thought that somebody must have tried this before but I cant find any topic on this. I would like to migrate from Synology to unraid and would like to take my existing docker containers including the data over to unraid. When I login into the Synology via SSH there seems to be a way to create a tar file from an existing docker container but I am not sure if unraid can import that. All my docker containers save the configuration data in a special folder that is accessable outside the container. Could I do the same with unraid and just move the configuration data over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Stephan

1 hour ago, stephan1827 said:

All my docker containers save the configuration data in a special folder that is accessable outside the container. Could I do the same with unraid and just move the configuration data over?

Thats all you need. You don't need the containers itself. They contain only the app which can be re-installed at any time. The only requirement is to use the same docker container from the same maintainer and use the same container version.

Creating a tar would be the first step. The only culprit could be the owner of the files. Unraid needs the user id 99 and group id 100 and Synology probably uses different ids. So it could be possible that you need to change the owner after extracting the files as follows:

chown -R 99:100 /mnt/user/appdata/path_of_your_container

• Thanks 1