upgrading from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2

So I just wanted to check. I still am on 6.8.3 I don’t want mess up my VM (the took for ever to build correctly, self taught). Wanted to see if anyone has had problems going from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2. I asked on a facebook group and had 2 people tell me If you are using host network and/or static ips for docker, that could cause the repeated kernel panics. I do have port forwarding on my router for a few docker apps and Home Assistant VM and they do use the same IP address as the Unraid server. So I did not know if that was going to be a problem for me? I was going to follow SpaceInvaderOne’s recommendation to upgrade. 

• 1 month later...

Hey @Seven7527

I am on the same boat running 6.8.3.

As enticing as 6.9.2 looks and I am sure under the hood changes are even better, I am not willing to take a dive YET.

The My Servers Plugin, which is the cloud for your server settings and key, I feel is counter-intuitive to the idea of UnRAID so that is not a seller for me. (Having your own server vs Cloud, duh!).

🤨 "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - Thomas Bertram Lance 🙃

My Reasons-

- I do not see a direct upgrade path for "UnRAID Nvidia" users. All the discussion seems to be around vanilla UnRAID installations.

- I do not even remember the all the tweaks I made, some small, some big, some in configs, some in plugins or dockers.

- 6.9.2 is not stable yet as I see from forum. There are still kinks that need to be ironed out. I plan to wait for 6.9.3 at least.

Above 3 points are important because I will have to setup everything from scratch, and it will take a lot of time and research.

More importantly it will be a long downtime which I do not want for my media services.

Besides, my server has been working smooth for a year now. So, I do not see the need to jump the ship. 🚢

Others may have different opinions or reasons due to factors I may not have considered, I respect those too. 🙏

Thanks.

🎃