Quadro 2000 passthrough problems

I've been trying to passthrough a Quadro 2000 to a VM but it's not worked so far.  I followed all of Spaceinvader One's videos on gpu passthrough.  

I have both the gpu and soundcard pci devices on vfio-pci.  They're on the same port and bus as a multifunction card in the VM config.  I dumped the vbios and tried with and without it.  

Starting either a Windows 10 or Ubuntu VM with the gpu attached as the only video card gives no output and freezes the console which is on another video card until reboot.  

The only thing I see in the log is:

Apr 13 02:18:58 unraidserver kernel: vfio-pci 0000:87:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=none

I tried starting the vm with both the gpu and vnc and it works until I install the driver then it won't boot.

unraidserver-diagnostics-20210413-0233.zip Windows 10 Quadro.xml

• 2 weeks later...

same here, i've got two quadro 600 and a quadro 4000 and didnt get any of them to work...

so i bought a used K600 for macOS VM (didnt try that yet), but the K600 worked instantly in windows VM without changing any settings...

as the K600 worked, i tried the non k 600 in that windows and couldnt find any setting for it to work....

but one 600 worked some weeks ago when i tried unraid for the first time in an existing windows with a passedthrough ssd.... i dont know what was different on that, because it was also a windows without any drivers