Having an issue with a drive going down less than 2 days after adding a new drive to the system. Also some other weirdness.

I wake up today and see that my second disk is down. I recently (<48 hrs ago) upgraded my rig with a new disk, and reconfigured my sata cabling and power cabling. I have had no issues with the disk up until now, no smart errors or warnings, and disk health is still very good (been used less than 2 years. Today it's down completely. I have the disk log as well for the disk as of the last time it was spun up. I'm not sure if it's intact from the original error state, as I did start and stop the array. 

Additionally, I was having some issues previously with a couple of things that I can't explain and suspect have nothing to do with this problem, but are worth mentioning anyways. 1. I was downloading a very large (1.7TB) torrent on my windows machine over the network connection to my storage server, but I was having issues with either the name of a certain file containing an illegal character for windows filesystem namespace (?) or a file name being too long for the address bar.  

Anyways, thanks for any help you can lend me. Diagnostics are attached. 

tower-diagnostics-20210413-0059.zip

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Apr 12 19:09:38 Tower kernel: md: disk2 read error, sector=1216325224
Apr 12 19:09:38 Tower kernel: md: disk3 read error, sector=1216327048

You're having issues with multiple disks in different controllers, so possibly a power/connection problem.

What would you recommend I do from here then?

22 minutes ago, Connor Zook said:

What would you recommend I do from here then?

Power issues can have several origins, mainly:

• insufficient Power Supply
  • defective PSU
  • too many drives to a single PSU lead
  • poor quality power splitter

What is your Power Supply ?

How are the disks connected to the PSU ? 

32 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

• defective PSU

I have a disk with Spin_Retry_Count at 720,000, even though it has been working perfectly up until now, and has no issues accepting files currently.

40 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

• defective PSU

Additionally, I have attached here the smart reports for both the new disk, and the disk that has been disabled but reports good on smart test.

Additionally I need to get the re-enable drive procedure, as I know my original disk (disabled) to be good and working, but the wiki page for re-enabling has been wiped.

https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php?title=Troubleshooting&action=edit&redlink=1

thanks

tower-smart-20210413-0408 (BAD SMART NEW DISK).zip tower-smart-20210413-0413 (DRIVE WORKING UNTIL NEW DISK ADDED).zip

Edited by Connor Zook