Updating (to 6.9.2) Trouble

Hello,

I tried to update my unRAID from 6.9.1 to 6.9.2 but each time i get the same trouble that stop the update :

Download start, until aprox 46 - 48% then stop and i got an error message (File I/O error)

(See the screenshot)

Can yo help please.

Regards

PS : i did made an update from 6.8.3 to 6.9.1 without any trouble.

2021-04-14 13_54_58-Updating Error.png

2 minutes ago, JerroNIMO said:

2 Go RAM

I do not think that is enough to be able to reliably update via the GUI.

If you want to update via the manual method:

• connect the flash drive to a PC/Mac
  • make a backup of the flash drive in case you want to be able later revert
  • download the zip of the release you want to use from the unRaid download page
  • extract all the bz* type files overwriting the ones on the flash drive

It is probably worth pointing out that as long as you can get hold of the relevant zip file you can use this method to go to any particular release

6 hours ago, UtahDeLorean said:

It's a 1Gig drive that I have had forever... Showing that I am using 743mb used and 255MB free

Would there be something that I could remove to clean up the flash drive or should I just get a bigger drive?

If there is a ‘Previous’ folder on the flash drive it can be removed, but that will mean you can no longer downgrade via the GUI. 

If you do not want to consider a larger drive then You can always use the manual method of upgrading by downloading the zip for the release from the Limetech site and then extracting all the bz* type files to the root of the flash drive over-writing the ones already there.    A similar method can always be used to downgrade as well.   A good idea, though, to backup the flash drive before making any changes.

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

If there is a ‘Previous’ folder on the flash drive it can be removed, but that will mean you can no longer downgrade via the GUI. 

If you do not want to consider a larger drive then You can always use the manual method of upgrading by downloading the zip for the release from the Limetech site and then extracting all the bz* type files to the root of the flash drive over-writing the ones already there.    A similar method can always be used to downgrade as well.   A good idea, though, to backup the flash drive before making any changes.

I just moved that folder off of the thumb drive and that worked. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 9:16 AM, itimpi said:

I do not think that is enough to be able to reliably update via the GUI.

If you want to update via the manual method:

• connect the flash drive to a PC/Mac
  • make a backup of the flash drive in case you want to be able later revert
  • download the zip of the release you want to use from the unRaid download page
  • extract all the bz* type files overwriting the ones on the flash drive

It is probably worth pointing out that as long as you can get hold of the relevant zip file you can use this method to go to any particular release

sorry for jumping the thread - but will this method preserve current settings?