Flash Drive Full

I have recently found that the flash drive on one of my Unraid servers keeps getting 100% full, and the only change I have made recently is install the My Servers app.

On the flash drive I have found a .git folder (which I don't remember seeing before) with a sub-folder named Objects. In this Objects folder sub-folders are being created often, sometimes every 10 mins. I am running 6.9.2

Please find attached diagnostics folder

tower-diagnostics-20210414-1900.zip

2 hours ago, clevoir said:

I have recently found that the flash drive on one of my Unraid servers keeps getting 100% full

Are you sure it is the flash drive getting full? It is much more common to see rootfs get full.

The .git folder on the flash drive is used by My Servers Flash Backup. It looks for changes every minute, if any are found then the backup routine is run and they are committed to git.  Looking at your syslog, the backup routine is running quite often:

Apr 14 03:59:34 Tower flash_backup: adding task: php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.unraid.net/include/UpdateFlashBackup.php update

so something is doing regular updates to the flash drive causing regular git commits. It would be good to track that down and remove it from the backup. Are you familiar with git?

But I agree with Squid, this should probably be dealt with first:

Apr  9 08:48:24 Tower kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\192.168.1.11\Backup Close unmatched open for MID:41a534

Yes it's definitely the flash that is filling up

image.thumb.png.8cd11414a80dc0f452625640ef952996.png

I have a have a SMB share to another Unraid server, but I can't remember why I set this up

image.thumb.png.7c7c186873f533a451188df9c170a306.png

image.png.a128ce3d495c798e117d7536615ad496.png

These are the properties of the flash drive, using Windows Explorer I can't see have 2GB of space is being used?

image.png.1e836adb03aab137ddd99b4afa9e0962.png

I have just received the following warning from the file integrity plugin too

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedhuBUbj: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedQ1vHl1: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedCMNOmE: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedakIYwY: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedSUaUkg: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedauVUUl: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedP93Olq: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sed0P58SS: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sed7Q7PoN: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedw7CE7A: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedA4WurH: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedqlbCBT: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedHnlRL3: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedKxqXo9: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedOQcxiS: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.file.integrity/sedcAExoo: No space left on device

Since you aren't using that SMB mount you should unmount it and set it to NOT automount. That will stop the log from filling and prevent the 192.168.1.11_Backup.sh from running. I have a feeling that script is logging failures on the flash drive which is causing flash backup to activate regularly. Actually, I would completely delete the SMB mapping if you don't plan to use it.

Then go to Settings -> Management Access -> Unraid.net and choose to Deactivate your Flash Backup. This will basically delete the .git folder and then you can see how much space remains on the flash. If things don't work at all because the flash is full, you can shutdown, put the flash drive in another pc, and delete the .git folder from there.

Looks like my .git folder is 150MB, so there might be room if the constant writing has stopped. But it would be pretty close. Be sure you have some kind of backup process, one option is to regularly download a backup from Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash Device Settings -> Flash Backup.

Did these messages stop piling up in your log file once you disabled the remote mount?

Apr  9 08:48:24 Tower kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\192.168.1.11\Backup Close unmatched open for MID:41a534