[SOLVED] Disk 4 is both in Array and a Share?

I don't how I did this.  Worse, I'm unsure how to un-do it.

Running 6.9.1.  Disk 4 was my Parity 2 (put it to work, just to test things out).  A few days ago, I reconfigured it to be Disk 4 in my array.  All seemed to go without issue.  I did a parity rebuild, and everything seems to be working without any problems.

Just now, I was looking through the server, and noticed on the Shares tab that Disk 4 is listed as a share (currently has no data on it at all).  This can't be correct.  How do I remove this share?

Disk 4 Main.JPG

Disk 4 Share.JPG

malta-tower-diagnostics-20210415-0852.zip

Edited by ConnerVT
Solved

If you go to Settings -> Global Share Settings and turn on the help (the ? icon at the top right) you'll see the explanation of how the first item works. Enable Disk Shares is set to Auto by default, which means

If set to Auto, only disk shares not participating in User Shares may be exported.

If it is indeed set to Auto then look below to see if Disk4 is either on the Excluded Disks list (default setting is "None") or not on the Included Disks list (default setting is "All") and correct the setting accordingly. Note that these are Global Share Settings. You can fine tune each User Share individually via the Shares page.

EDIT:

From the config/share.cfg file in the diagnostics:

shareDisk="auto"
shareUser="e"
shareUserInclude="disk1,disk2,disk3"
shareUserExclude=""

Disk4 is not included.

Edited by John_M
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ConnerVT said:

I don't how I did this.  Worse, I'm unsure how to un-do it.

Ah!  You guys are awesome!  You answered both of my questions.  I needed to go back further in my brain, to remember what I did.

There was originally a Disk 4 (along with the Parity 2) in my array.  I moved the data that was on it to the other disks, and pulled it out of the swap bay, to keep in cold storage in case I needed it in the future (for good or bad reasons).  That's when I changed the Global Share settings.  That was about a month ago.

The Parity 2 drive is buried inside the tower case, so just configured it to the array, so not to mess with any cabling.  I had completely forgot I changed the Global Share settings.  All is good now.

Thanks again!

• ConnerVT changed the title to [SOLVED] Disk 4 is both in Array and a Share?