Big Sur VM (macinabox) - Can't get USB keyboard/mouse to work.

Hi guys, trying my hands on Hackingtosh with Macinabox. I followed the instructions from the youtube guide and managed to get the system running with VNC. Second step was running it with a RX 570 card, which also works. I'm now stuck with either a boot screen without any USB passthrough, or the following screen when I passthrough my USB keyboard and mouse. I've haven't found a similar problem in this subforum, any hints?

Same happens with a usb hub 3 pci passthrough.

IMG_20210416_130744.jpg

Edited by Dieter Koblenz
Add picture from phone
  • Dieter Koblenz changed the title to Big Sur VM (macinabox) - Can't get USB keyboard/mouse to work.
  • 2 months later...

I am also having the same problem. I find a temporary solution is to use the libvirt hotplug usb plugin.

Edit the VM template not to include keyboard and mouse. Then after starting up the VM, attach the keyboard and mouse at the boot menu. Somehow this work without problem for me, but I still don't have sound via AirPlay to HomePod mini, this does not appear on the audio output.

I do have a running Catalina without boot problem (keyboard and mouse attached on VM Template) and audio problem via Airplay. I still wonder why this is happening on Big Sur.