Is there a Docker container template with VNC/GUI to use as a base for custom dockers?

Ok, I could of sworn tht I saw a docker "template" with built in VNC / Webgui support that was designed to be a base to install other programs into. I can not find it even after looking high and low now though.

I go out of my way to have gui options for everything possible and this has lead to me wanting to make a few custom dockers with GUI support.

I tried implementing VNC manually but that didn't go well, so was hoping there is a debian/ubuntu template with VNC/gui already working.

If this doesn't exist, does anyone know of a write up on how to get webVNC working in a docker?

Trying to setup a Cura docker so I can use it from anywhere on the network right now but I do a lot of projects like this, slowly moving everything into dockers on the server.

5 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Thanks, I am pretty sure this is the docker I had seen before:

https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/novnc-baseimage

Now to figure out how to use it lol.

You have two ways, you can use x11vnc as backend or TurboVNC, both are available in the contianer.

For example if you want to use x11vnc look at the Chromium container or if you want to use TurboVNC then look at the Firefox container.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. ;)

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have two ways, you can use x11vnc as backend or TurboVNC, both are available in the contianer.

For example if you want to use x11vnc look at the Chromium container or if you want to use TurboVNC then look at the Firefox container.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. ;)

Thanks, it would be cool if someone could make a full write up for having GUI applications in a docker. I have searched and searched and there are no simple write ups that I can find. Either super complicated advanced user manuals that is way over my current skill level or basic overviews.

I saw your PM, didn't have time to read it all but will when I have some time.

Edited by TexasUnraid
18 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Should think about posting it in a thread.

Keep in mind every application is different and every application needs eventually it's own custom "things" so that it will run in a container.

So a write up could be really difficult and I have a few containers in the CA App that I try to keep up and running and give support for them.

• Like 1