Drive Error Red X

GTP

Hi everyone,

I have been having severe issues the past few months.  It got so bad I just gave up for a little while. Last week I bought all new cabling and today I attempted to re-wire my entire servers power and Sata. This morning I was missing 6 disks and now Unraid has identified all of them except there seems to be an issue with disk 6 and 11 disk 6 is saying it only has very little data on it and disk 11 is saying that it has an unmountable file system. I know I also have docker issues that I need to fix and I am happy to as soon as I can figure out what to do about those two disks. I really don't care about the data on disks 6 and 11, if I lose it at this point I am fine as long as I don't lose the data on the other disks. Please advise on how I should proceed. I have attached the diagnostic file and I am happy to try anything you suggest to get those drive in the green again.

Thank you,

tower-diagnostics-20210418-1336.zip

GTP

Missing 6 disks.png

disk 6 and 11 issue.png

Since you have two disks disabled and two parity disks you should be able to start the array in Maintenance mode and do a file system check/repair on Disk 11 (the default action is no-modify so remove the "-n" option). If it tells you to run it again with the "-L" option, then do so. SMART reports for the two disabled disks look good and you've replaced the cables so re-build the emulated disks onto the originals: Stop the array. Unassign Disks 6 and 11. Start the array. Stop the array. Reassign them (you can check the serial numbers match your screenshot, above, though they are both 8 TB so it doesn't really matter). Start the array and let them build.

• Thanks 1

Yes, unfortunately I have let problems mount up, I will start with the repair and take it piece by piece and update this thread as it goes, thank you for your assistance I really appreciate it. 

@John_M How do I disable the VM service? Should I just stop my Docker? The Vm's for Hassio and Win10 are already shut down?

Edited by GTP
Clarification

@John_M Thank you I ran the error check and followed the steps you described above. It is currently rebuilding drives 6 and 11. It says it will take 2 days to complete so thank you for your help, I will update this post to correct my other issues after it finishes. I have also disabled the VM's as you described, thank you for your clarification.

Best,

GTP

• Like 1