500gb ssd Cache will not move

I am having a small problem My cache drive will not move the contents I included the diagnostic report to make it easer for people with more experience then me to help figure out what needs fixed.

At current I have updated the 

CA Mover Tuning to version 2021.04.16 as seen in the pic.

that I read in 1 of the other posts about cache problems. no help 

OS Version: 6.9.1

I have also turned off the Docker tab and rebooted the server and this has had no affect.

So I come to the Forum for the help.

thank you in advance 

stargate-diagnostics-20210418-2045.zip

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 5.46.37 PM.png

There is some issues with the moving of files automatically at a percentage it seems since the new Plugin Dev took over.

I think it will be fixed in time but he's only been ironing out the problems for about a week.

In the mean time go into settings section and click this down the bottom right. For now you will need to do this manually. i do mine every few days.

It will trigger the mover to work. Also 6.9.2 came out fixing a few other bugs not related to this issue might want to upgrade.

image.thumb.png.bfb0c1e59126e615c826b631e18d7193.png

Edited by Maticks
3 hours ago, Leon_CC said:

I am having a small problem My cache drive will not move the contents I included the diagnostic report to make it easer for people with more experience then me to help figure out what needs fixed.

At current I have updated the 

CA Mover Tuning to version 2021.04.16 as seen in the pic.

that I read in 1 of the other posts about cache problems. no help 

OS Version: 6.9.1

I have also turned off the Docker tab and rebooted the server and this has had no affect.

So I come to the Forum for the help.

thank you in advance 

stargate-diagnostics-20210418-2045.zip 199.2 kB · 0 downloads

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 5.46.37 PM.png

Few things.

1.) I can't find the install for the new Mover tuning plug-in in your syslog.    Are the logs updated to after the plug-in was installed? (As your screenshot looks correct)

Apr 18 17:57:08 StarGate root: ----------------------------------------------------
Apr 18 17:57:08 StarGate root:  ca.mover.tuning has been installed.
Apr 18 17:57:08 StarGate root:  Copyright 2018, Andrew Zawadzki
Apr 18 17:57:08 StarGate root:  Version: 2019.08.23
Apr 18 17:57:08 StarGate root: ----------------------------------------------------

I should see an entry for the new one..... not sure why it's not in there, or I can't find it.

2.) Do you have logging enabled? (Please enable, and upload diagnostics again or "section" of syslog that has mover tuning log entries.

3.) Can you take a screen shot of your schedule/mover tuning settings?

1 hour ago, Maticks said:

There is some issues with the moving of files automatically at a percentage it seems since the new Plugin Dev took over.

I think it will be fixed in time but he's only been ironing out the problems for about a week.

In the mean time go into settings section and click this down the bottom right. For now you will need to do this manually. i do mine every few days.

It will trigger the mover to work. Also 6.9.2 came out fixing a few other bugs not related to this issue might want to upgrade.

image.thumb.png.bfb0c1e59126e615c826b631e18d7193.png

I just Mirrored the settings listed and am letting it run to see if that works now 

@hugenbdd

those are the setting before copying the 1's @Maticks posted in the pic 

answer  to q 1) I forgot to include the updated download from after installing the updated version of the mover. 

answer to q 2) As for logs i had them turned off for the better part of 3 years when it comes to the mover as it has been working 

with out issue for all that time. I did turn them on and will get an updated set of the diagnostics as soon an it done trying to run the current mover with the new settings.

answer to q 3) these were the settings i was running before hand in pics 1 and 2

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.09.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.09.44 PM.png

stargate-diagnostics-20210419-2156.zip

Looks like mover was still running for some reason.

Is Disk14 full?

Apr 20 10:43:18 StarGate move: move: create_parent: /mnt/disk14/appdata/nodered/node_modules/concat-stream error: No space left on device

Also, do you have any shares set to prefer for cache?

The reason I say that is it appears it's trying to move a file off the array (disk14) to the cache. (... is used in place of the whole file path.) (for "use cache: yes", it usually moves from /mnt/cache/<filepath here> to <array>

Apr 20 10:41:51 StarGate shfs: copy_file: /mnt/disk14/appdata/FileBot/Media/TV Shows/... /...v (28) No space left on device
Apr 20 10:41:51 StarGate move: move_object: /mnt/disk14/appdata/FileBot/Media/TV Shows/...v No space left on device

after reviewing the latest log... I'm not convinced this is the Mover Tuning plug-in causing issues as I don't see my specific log entries.  I think this may be a setup or config issue.  Maybe something has "cache=prefer" setting somewhere.    Or there is another script running doing something.  This is outside of my expertise for unraid.

Maybe remove the plug-in, reboot.

Try to move (unraid's mover), review the logs.  Maybe an unraid employee can help at that point.

1 other side question. 

i was planning on upgrading my 1x 500gb ssd cache too 2x 1tb ssd in raid. would you recommend this as i know the current ssd is getting older and I wanted to get you thoughts on this as well as that was planed for next month any way if not i can always use the ssds for other things 

15 minutes ago, Leon_CC said:

1 other side question. 

i was planning on upgrading my 1x 500gb ssd cache too 2x 1tb ssd in raid. would you recommend this as i know the current ssd is getting older and I wanted to get you thoughts on this as well as that was planed for next month any way if not i can always use the ssds for other things 

I like big SSD cache drives.  The bigger the better.  Things tend to run smoother.  I live on the wild side and do not have my cache in any raid configuration.  As I just have 1 - 2TB NVME drive.  But it has a 3500TB write rating.  I backup appdata and settings with CA Backup every week, and my media/content get's backed up to google drive every night.  So I feel like I can recover if the cache drive dies.