[SOLVED] code 43 win 10 nvidia gpu passthrough

Hi I had passthrough working a year ago in windows (and linux and osx) so I know it is possible with my GTX 780.  This is an amd ryzen 9 3900x with no onboard video, just the one GTX 780 card.

I upgraded to 6.9.2 and tried again to do passthrough.  I used the new way (tools -> system devices) to check the boxes for the video and sound:

IOMMU group 33:

[10de:1004] 12:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK110 [GeForce GTX 780] (rev a1)

[10de:0e1a] 12:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK110 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

Those are the only 2 things in that iommu group.

I have tried legacy with seabios, and I tried uefi with ovmf.  I tried both machine types with each.

I tried the old

(echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon0/bind) 2>/dev/null
(echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind) 2>/dev/null
(echo efi-framebuffer.0 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer/unbind) 2>/dev/null

I tried that with and without the system devices boxes checked.

I tried modifying the vm XML and putting both the video and sound on the same virtual pci slot with multifunction.

I tried HDMI, I tried DisplayPort.

I can't remember what else I tried but I feel like I have tried everything.  No matter what I still get Code 43 in my windows 10 vm for the video driver and a black screen on the monitor.  It says Code 43 before I install the latest nvidia drivers and after.

Goal is a steam game stream server.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] code 43 win 10 nvidia gpu passthrough
  • 5 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, uek2wooF said:

Holy crap guys after messing with this for 2 days and posting here, I just found a rom I dumped a year ago.  Tried with that one and it worked!!!!

That one is 129k

/mnt/user/isos/vbios/dump.rom:        BIOS (ia32) ROM Ext. IBM comp. Video (123*512)

Second day messing with this. After move my server to another room, started to get Nvidia error 43 on Windows 10. Tried disabling  Hyper-v option inside VM options (nothing), tried creating another VM (nothing), changed monitors and cables (nothing) ...
Then I dumped the Vbios again through Spaceinveder script https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Dump_GPU_vBIOS and everything seems to be working fine again now.