New unMENU packages for SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions.....

1. does this work with 4.7

I believe it does work with 4.7

2. are the files in the first post of this thread the most updated ones?

Yes

3. what is the difference between sickbeard and couch potato, sounds like they do the same thing?  Is one for movies and one for TV Shows?

thanks

You are right, Sick Beard is for TV shows and CouchPotato is for movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Just working on a new .conf file that gives us 0.6.1 with multicore par.

The previous .conf posted by delicatepc doesn't work correctly, as the multicore par doesn't come as a Slackware package. If you try and run installpkg on it, then you simply get an error that the file doesn't end in .tgz etc.

If you rename the file to par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20090203-lin32.tgz, then installpkg does run, but it puts the files in a 'par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20090203-lin32' directory under /.

I've rewriting the .conf file to handle this, and do the appropriate renaming and moving of files, so we can stick with the par2cmdline that comes from chuchusoft.

Will post it here in the next hour or so, once I've finished testing.

Attached is a modified unmenu conf file that install SABnzbd+ 0.6.1 with the multicore par implementation.

If you want to revert back to the original par2 version, then the code is still in the conf file. Simply comment out the lines in the multicore section (2 places), and uncomment the single core lines.

If you've never installed SABnzbd, then you can simply use this package as normal. As I already had 0.5.6 installed, I found that I needed to do the following:

1) Go to package manager, and disable re-install on boot for SABnzbd (if you have it set).

2) Copy the attached .conf file into your /boot/packages directory. You might want to backup the original first.

3) Backup your existing .sabnzbd directory (if this is where you have it installed). e.g. cp -r .sabnzbd .sabnzbd.backup

4) Remove the existing .sabnzbd directory.

5) Reboot unRAID server.

6) Go into Package Manager, and install new version of SABnzbd.

7) Stop SABnzbd from the User Scripts menu.

8) Copy the sabnzbd.ini file from your backup (.sabnzbd.backup), into the new .sabnzbd directory.

9) Start SABnzbd from the User Scripts menu.

Any problems, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do to sort them out.

Andy.

sabnzbd-unmenu-package.conf

Attached is a modified unmenu conf file that install SABnzbd+ 0.6.1 with the multicore par implementation...

Andy, thanks for updating this.  However, your default config shows 192.168.0.100 for the HOST IP instead of 0.0.0.0.  Just an FYI.

Installing SABnzbd / SickBeard on 4.7  ???

Well, my issues abound, starting with the fact that none of the downloads were successful through the unMENU package installer, except for the sabnzd tar itself.  All the other dependencies refused to download.  No big deal, I just manually downloaded them and then installed.  Next up, I tried the Start/Stop buttons in unMENU, and while they said they had started, and moved to the "Stop" position, nothing was listening.  Even running the "/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start" command starts the process, but nothing listens.  Manually starting SABnzbd in putty by going to the install directory and typing SABnzbd.py is the only method I have so far that works.  SickBeard acts the same way - only a manual execution in putty actually starts the app.  I should add I installed to /mnt/disk1/.sabnzbd instead of cache, since I have no non-protected drives at this time.

Attached is a modified unmenu conf file that install SABnzbd+ 0.6.1 with the multicore par implementation.

If you want to revert back to the original par2 version, then the code is still in the conf file. Simply comment out the lines in the multicore section (2 places), and uncomment the single core lines.

If you've never installed SABnzbd, then you can simply use this package as normal. As I already had 0.5.6 installed, I found that I needed to do the following:

1) Go to package manager, and disable re-install on boot for SABnzbd (if you have it set).

2) Copy the attached .conf file into your /boot/packages directory. You might want to backup the original first.

3) Backup your existing .sabnzbd directory (if this is where you have it installed). e.g. cp -r .sabnzbd .sabnzbd.backup

5) Reboot unRAID server.

8) Copy the sabnzbd.ini file from your backup (.sabnzbd.backup), into the new .sabnzbd directory.

Andy.

Hi!

Installed the latest conf file....

And started with  python /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.0.199:8082

And the error is this....

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 43, in <module>

import cherrypy

ImportError: No module named cherrypy

How can I solve this problem ?

An d how can I change so all files is belonging to nobody?

I may have missed it but is there a way to easily adapt a current/manual installation to be controlled and maintained by unMenu using this?

My installation is in:

/mnt/cache/.custom/

sickbeard

couchpotato

sabnzbd

If I just edit the unMenu package install to use the current directory will everything work ok or will it overwrite my current setup?

Mr. Machine:

Do these links not work for you? They would resolve your issue as they are not https but http...

http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master

http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/tarball/master

~dpc

Nope, they don't. GitHub redirects everything HTTPS to prevent session hijacking (and/or other exploits).

~$ wget http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master
--2011-05-23 02:29:26--  http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 207.97.227.239
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|207.97.227.239|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master [following]
--2011-05-23 02:29:27--  https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|207.97.227.239|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify github.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority/serialNumber=07969287':
  Self-signed certificate encountered.
ERROR: certificate common name `*.github.com' doesn't match requested host name `github.com'.
To connect to github.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I don't recall if I mentioned it in this thread already, but unMENU doesn't even use wget, it uses it's own downloader written in awk (before wget was included with unRAID). Joe L has said that he will change unMENU to use wget at some point so that we can download over HTTPS.

Cheers.

I've just updated the original post with a new SABnzbd package for version 0.6.1.

I've not yet looked at incorporating the multi-threaded par2cmdline. Is this hosted as a slakware package somewhere?

I've not tested these packages on 4.7. I believe that there will be problems with file permissions since 5.x expects files to be owned by nobody:users which is different to 4.x. I don't have a virtual 4.7 test environment to make the script work with both 4.7 and 5.0. If anyone has both environments handy and wants to submit an updated package that works on both I'd be happy to update the original post.

Cheers.

Awesome! Thanks.

Side note: since moving to your unMENU packages to manage these three programs, ALL my drives all spin up (cache, parity and others)... They are installed on the cache, shouldn't they be able to spin down? (I realize CP doesn't allow it and therefore I usually shut it down when I'm not using it)

Awesome! Thanks.

Side note: since moving to your unMENU packages to manage these three programs, ALL my drives all spin up (cache, parity and others)... They are installed on the cache, shouldn't they be able to spin down? (I realize CP doesn't allow it and therefore I usually shut it down when I'm not using it)

I'm actually thinking that it's unrelated to this and is actually AFP/Time Machine - looking into it now....

EDIT: So that doesn't appear to be the solution - drives are spinning up with Time Machine turned off. Is there a way to see what is causing them to spin?

I don't recall if I mentioned it in this thread already, but unMENU doesn't even use wget, it uses it's own downloader written in awk (before wget was included with unRAID). Joe L has said that he will change unMENU to use wget at some point so that we can download over HTTPS.

Cheers.

The newest unMenu version will use wget if it exists on the system.

anyone have issues adding 'existing shows' in sickbeard? I have it pointing at my mnt/user/TV folder but it just sits there with 'loading shows' whirring away but not showing any results.

tried adding a 'new show' and got the error 'Unable to create the folder /mnt/user/TV/House, can't add the show'

permissions? what do I need to do to fix? I don't have any users set up, just root. Installed from the packages listed in the OP, so should be running as 'nobody'. using latest stable unRAID (4.7?)

edit: initscript says RUN_AS=SICKBEARD_USER, don't know if that is relevant?

using the file manager in unMENU, the top level folders in my shares are showing up with permissions of drwx------

is that how they're supposed to be generated? So I can only write to them if I'm the owner which is root, right? So why is sickbeard not able to read the subfolders or create new ones? I don't have any users added, so won't it either be running as root, or as nobody?

SMB setup is

[TV]

path = /mnt/user/TV

read only = No

all shares (disk and folder shares) are like this.

edit: Blitzed it with chmod to TV and movies shares, and tried adding smb-extra.conf. I think I was accessing the network as 'guest' (default from my mac mini?), so the user was always wrong, not really sure.

5) Reboot unRAID server.

Andy.

what's the easiest way to upgrade to 0.6.2 with your config file? thanks.

hello,

I've got some trouble making that sabnzb working on my unraid server. I just got a license key, so I have put a cache drive in my array and check this topic to install sabnzb.

My unraid is the 4.7 version, and I have install the latest unMenu. I put the .conf in the first page in the package directory of my flash drive, install sabnzbd via the Pkg Manager. Everything is downloading fine, I click on the install button, got the .sabnzbd directory on the cache drive created. But when I go to the User Script to click on the start sabnzbd button, I just got a "sabnzbd started" at the bottom of the page. Then it disappear and the button is still Start Sabnzbd... when I try 192.168.1.50:8082 nothing appear.

I try to run the "/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd" file via telnet, but nothing appear after hitting the enter touch.

The only way I have managed to run sabnzb was typing : "python SABnzbd.py" in the /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd directory.

After that, everything is fine, I have configure the download directory to be on my /mnt/cache/download/Complete and Incomplete. A nzb directory to put my nzb in it to get them downloaded because I don't know yet how to get my .nzb directly hook to the sabnzbd on the unraid server and not the one on my desktop computer (the one where I generate the .nzb). Another odd thing is when I put a .nzb in the nzb directory, sabnzb detect it and start downloading it but I can't see it in the "Waiting list", but the stat on the bottom right of the page are still growing during the download. After it's finish, it appear correctly in the downloaded list.

But when I restart the unraid server, sabnzb is not working anymore. Even with the 'Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot.' option.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english, it's not my first language  :-[

... when I try 192.168.1.50:8082 nothing appear
I'm not sure if you had a typo or not but I believe the default IP address is 192.168.1.150 NOT 192.168.1.50

But when I restart the unraid server, sabnzb is not working anymore. Even with the 'Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot.' option.
This is normal. You need to use the Start Sabnzbd button on the User Scripts page of unMenu every time after you reboot to start sabnzbd but you do not have to complete the entire install procedure again because you have enabled it to be reinstalled upon reboot.

hello,

it's not a typo, I have change the default ip of the unraid.  ;)

The problem is that even if I use the start button, nothing work. The installation seems fine, but can't start sabnzbd with the start button. I have to telnet "python SABnzbd.py" in the /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd directory. to make it run  ???