New unMENU packages for SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something here? I can't find any reference to installing SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato via UnMenu.

You have to download the packages from the post.  The packages need some work to update and make 100% working so have not been included in the default unMenu install.

Follow the instructions in the first post and you should be able to get it installed.  Be warned though that some have reported problems with the packages posted.

I am working on a rewrite of those originals and have most of it done, but I need to do some testing.  I am sure there is something I have missed.  Hoping to knock everything out over the long weekend and have something up for people to test.

Am I missing something here? I can't find any reference to installing SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato via UnMenu.

You have to download the packages from the post.  The packages need some work to update and make 100% working so have not been included in the default unMenu install.

Follow the instructions in the first post and you should be able to get it installed.  Be warned though that some have reported problems with the packages posted.

I am working on a rewrite of those originals and have most of it done, but I need to do some testing.  I am sure there is something I have missed.  Hoping to knock everything out over the long weekend and have something up for people to test.

No I have not, I am out of town for the next week so I am not even near my server. I have seen sever threads and references to the old way and the new way this all gets installed. I am a linux idiot so I will gladly wait while you sort out the new packages. I will probably also wait to upgrade my UnRaid to a paid version for the cache drive before I actually run these on it.

Thanks for the help.

John

I'm on the latest stable: Version 4.7.

Yes, perhaps this is something that has changed.  How difficult is it to change the user the apps run as?  Would I be correct in making the following changes, and the equivalent changes for sabnzbd+?

Original:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R nobody:users . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su nobody -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Run as root:root

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R root:root . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash root > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su root -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Thanks for your help.  These scripts are great.

The scripts run as root already, which is why we need chown, usermod and su to run the application as nobody. If you need to run it as root under 4.7, just remove those lines. If you want to try and save your existing install rather than re-installing, you can make the appropriate changes to the .manual_install and .auto_install files, and manually `chown -r root:root` the install and log directories.

I am running unraid 4.7.  I've installed Sab & Sickbeard by following the first post in this thread.  As Gizmotoy experienced Sickbeard was unable to browse folders properly.

I tried removing the 3 lines as suggest above but after a restart of unraid, when I click the start sab or sickbeard button it says it has started but it hasn't and the button doesn't change after a refresh....

i am new to linux but am learning....  would be great if somebody could help, thanks 

I'm on the latest stable: Version 4.7.

Yes, perhaps this is something that has changed.  How difficult is it to change the user the apps run as?  Would I be correct in making the following changes, and the equivalent changes for sabnzbd+?

Original:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R nobody:users . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su nobody -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Run as root:root

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R root:root . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash root > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su root -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Thanks for your help.  These scripts are great.

The scripts run as root already, which is why we need chown, usermod and su to run the application as nobody. If you need to run it as root under 4.7, just remove those lines. If you want to try and save your existing install rather than re-installing, you can make the appropriate changes to the .manual_install and .auto_install files, and manually `chown -r root:root` the install and log directories.

I am running unraid 4.7.  I've installed Sab & Sickbeard by following the first post in this thread.  As Gizmotoy experienced Sickbeard was unable to browse folders properly.

I tried removing the 3 lines as suggest above but after a restart of unraid, when I click the start sab or sickbeard button it says it has started but it hasn't and the button doesn't change after a refresh....

i am new to linux but am learning....  would be great if somebody could help, thanks 

I was having some similar issues getting Sick Beard to let me add new shows.  Whenever I did, I would get an error similar to this "Unable to create the folder /mnt/cache/.sickbeard/blahblah can't add the show".  After reading through this thread and the wiki, I got it to work.  Before doing this, make sure that re-install on restart is disabled.

1.  Edit sickbeard-unmenu-package.conf - find and edit the following in the sickbeard-unmenu-package.conf:[/b]

Original

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R nobody:users . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su nobody -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Edited coding:

#PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        chown -R nobody:users . \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
#PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
#PACKAGE_INSTALLATION echo "        su nobody -c \"python SickBeard.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard

Notice all I did was add in a '#', as mrmachine says to do

2. Fully shut down and restart the unRaid system

3. Install the Sick Beard through unMenu

4. Launch Sick Beard through command line

This is the part that I took from the wiki...  either ssh into your unRaid system or plug in a keyboard and monitor.  Log in as root and enter the following:

python /mnt/cache/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon

that's it!  I have no idea if it will auto install if I restart the system, but I *think* you'd have to re-perform steps 3 and 4 should you ever reboot.

UPDATE:

I have a lot of the packages and .conf files updated.  I have not been able to do any testing as I am busy with my sisters wedding stuff.

Might be able to start testing a little this weekend, and then hopefully have something up for everyone to test by this time next week.

Any update on this?  I don't mean to pressure you, as I know you're doing this in your free time, I'm just curious :)

UPDATE:

I have a lot of the packages and .conf files updated.  I have not been able to do any testing as I am busy with my sisters wedding stuff.

Might be able to start testing a little this weekend, and then hopefully have something up for everyone to test by this time next week.

Any update on this?  I don't mean to pressure you, as I know you're doing this in your free time, I'm just curious :)

Sure I can give a quick update.  The packages are done but I need to test them before I release them to the general public.  I also had to ask Joe L to add a change into unMenu to make it a little easier to download from sourceforge and the like.

I am trying to work out one last issue that has started to plague me with the last couple of unMenu packages I have written.  The short list is that a script that works perfectly when run via the command line is not working properly when set up for use through the unMenu User Scripts page.

I am hoping to do some testing this weekend and will hopefully have something to put up for people to test

Hello,

I am using Unraid 5 beta 8.

First, is there a Sabnzbd conf file for version 0.6.5?

I tried the 0.6.1 version available here but this is what I am getting:

SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz installation:

mv: cannot move `/tmp/SABnzbd-0.6.1' to `/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd': No such file or directory

/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz.manual_install: line 93: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: No such file or directory

/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz.manual_install: line 94: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: No such file or directory

/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz.manual_install: line 95: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: No such file or directory

/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz.manual_install: line 96: /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: No such file or directory

Installed SABnzbd to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd

Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_sabnzbd

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_sabnzbd

SABnzbd could not be started because the installation directory, /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd, could not be found.

If SABnzbd is installed on the unRAID array and the array is stopped, use the buttons on the User Scripts page to start SABnzbd once the array is started.

SABnzbd-0.6.1-src.tar.gz is now installed:

What should I do with this /mnt/cache/ directory?

Thank you

Hello again,

I got past my previous problem. I just renamed all the /mnt/cache entries to /mnt/disk1.

I got the 0.6.1 running, sort of.

I get the wizard, on port 8082.

But when done with the wizard, nothing comes up at port 9090 (https).

What can it be?

And again is there a newer script for the 0.6.5 version?

Thanks

Hello again,

I got past my previous problem. I just renamed all the /mnt/cache entries to /mnt/disk1.

What can it be?

Thanks

I am working on one... just be patient... I need to test it before I allow anyone in the public to try it out.

Hello again,

What can it be?

Thanks

I am working on one... just be patient... I need to test it before I allow anyone in the public to try it out.

Great! Thank you.

But at this time I am trying to use the 0.6.1 version, with a unraid v.5b8.

Any idea why the Sabnzbd server does not answer on port 9090 after I am done with the wizard on 8080?

Hello again,

What can it be?

Thanks

Great! Thank you.

Any idea why the Sabnzbd server does not answer on port 9090 after I am done with the wizard on 8080?

Nope, not really.  I have not tested my updated packages as of yet so do not know what might be going on.

Hello again,

What can it be?

Thanks

Great! Thank you.

Did you try restarting the unRaid server and then going to https://tower:9090?

I know it says to restart SABnzbd, but I ended up restarting my whole machine after changing the settings.

• 3 weeks later...

having a similar issue as a previous poster here getting SABnzbd working.

Going through the commands manually when I try starting i get a permission error.

root@Tower:/mnt/disk1/.sabnzbd# su nobody -c "python SABnzbd.py --daemon"

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "SABnzbd.py", line 1652, in <module>

main()

File "SABnzbd.py", line 979, in main

os.makedirs(sabnzbd.DIR_LCLDATA)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs

mkdir(name, mode)

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/disk1/.sabnzbd'

root@Tower:/mnt/disk1/.sabnzbd#

root@Tower:/mnt/disk1/.sabnzbd#

if I just enter "python SABnzbd.py" It runs and I can access the web pages.

Any ideas?

Unraid 4.5.6 no cache drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having problems with permissions and user shares since updating my macs to lion. Was working ok before.

sabnzbd is running on unRAID but it can't post-process files because it can't create files/folders on the Movies share. I manually changed the permissions in terminal to 777 and its ok. But I'd prefer to keep the shares as they should be for each user.

I don't really understand who 'nobody' is, all I know is I installed sabnzbd with the unmenu script but it needs 777 permissions to write to my movies folder. I'd just like to be able to nominate a user for sabnzbd or root or something so I can keep the read only access for most users but still write to it with sabnzbd.

I've been having problems with permissions and user shares since updating my macs to lion. Was working ok before.

sabnzbd is running on unRAID but it can't post-process files because it can't create files/folders on the Movies share. I manually changed the permissions in terminal to 777 and its ok. But I'd prefer to keep the shares as they should be for each user.

I don't really understand who 'nobody' is, all I know is I installed sabnzbd with the unmenu script but it needs 777 permissions to write to my movies folder. I'd just like to be able to nominate a user for sabnzbd or root or something so I can keep the read only access for most users but still write to it with sabnzbd.

Do a search for the new packages I created for sabnzbd, sickbeard, and couchpotato.

I assume you are using a 5.0b version. Try doing as posted here;

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14517.0

Peter

I hope this wasn't answered in this thread already, but I installed the SABnzbd package using unMENU.  Everything seemed to install ok, but when I went to http://tower:8081, it says not available.

Any ideas?

Try

IP:8081

From the tower's web interface, click the System Info link and then click the Top Processes button. Make sure python is in that list.

There's a *.ini file for sabnzbd that tells you where the program's main page is. I can't find the path of that file, though. Maybe someone else knows.

If it means anything, I installed Sick Beard and Couch Potato and they do the same thing, so I would think whatever I am missing is something pretty simple.

Ok, I got CP and SB working.  I really don't know what I am doing, but it sounds like it's starting the process for each:

In telnet, I typed:

python /mnt/cache/.couchpotato/CouchPotato.py

and

python /mnt/cache/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon

Why would this have to be done, and will I have to do this any time the server is re-started?

Any idea how I can get SABnzbd working the same way? I tried a few things, but nothing so far.