I wish unraid had a list of supported ethernet controllers

I wish unraid had a list of supported ethernet controllers because i know some realtek ones work and some do not. The realtek ethernet port on my desktop dose not work at all. I use to use a laptop that has a intel ethernet port and it worked just fine and the same goes for my server i just got. Is it possible to make a list or view the supported ethernet ports/adapters in the download of the os or the usb that has unraid? 

Taken from https://wiki.unraid.net/Hardware_Compatibility

Network Controllers

Broadcomm BCM5751 Gigabit PCIe x1

D-Link DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet (from v4.1) ***NOTE - THIS CARD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED SINCE 5rc5 DUE TO LINUX DRIVER ISSUES***

Intel 82566DC Gigabit LAN chipset

Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

Intel PRO/100 Ethernet

Linksys LNE100TX

Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

Netgear GA311 Gigabit Ethernet - uses Realtek, may have issues noted below

Realtek - RTL8169S, RTL8111B, RTL8111C, probably others too ***NOTE - MANY PEOPLE REPORT ISSUES WITH REALTEK, SO CHECK THE FORUMS BEFORE ASSUMING YOUR BOARD WILL WORK***

Others that use the same chipsets as the controllers above

Whilst exhaustive lists are implicitly difficult due to the volume of hardware vendors and models around the wiki does make a point to comment on Realtek devices.

Cheers,

SuudoXR

Edited by SuudoXR
Grammar
1 minute ago, SuudoXR said:

I use intel nics on my server and have no issues same as you, think the general theme I see on the forum is to stick with intel based devices :)

ya im trying to help my friend build a server and i remembered that my desktop did not work. do you have any motherboard that you would recommend?

5 minutes ago, matthew42904 said:

ya im trying to help my friend build a server and i remembered that my desktop did not work. do you have any motherboard that you would recommend?

My server atm is just running a 7th gen intel on a Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H. Works fine for the purpose of a NAS but not exactly bleeding edge or server grade :D

2 minutes ago, SuudoXR said:

My server atm is just running a 7th gen intel on a Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H. Works fine for the purpose of a NAS but not exactly bleeding edge or server grade :D

i was looking at a 7th gen when i wanted to build a server but i ended up getting a older server off of ebay that has a xeon

• Like 1