Unraid won't boot into Gui Mode

Hi All,

After updating to 6.9.1 my unraid server won't boot into GUI mode.

I've attached my diagnostics file. All help greatly appreciated.

It boots to a blank after all the boot messages come up it ends up with a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.

The web gui is available by browsing to the server and it is functioning correctly, it's just the console with problems.

Pete

moose-diagnostics-20210422-1449.zip

Edited by PeteB

I'm having same issue.... cannot boot GUI mode.  I have tried various settings on BIOS to no avail. So far I have not tried legacy boot, since my boot flash drive is UEFI only.  Not sure why that would work, but its the only thing I haven't checked.

I have Asus X570 Tuf MB with AMD 3400G processor.  CSM enabled.  Running 6.9.2 version Unraid.

Any help would be appreciated ... or is this an Unraid bug.  I'd like to get it fixed so I can use Krusader file manager to make degoogling easier.

SOLVED.... Installed "radeon top" plugin which enables 'amdgpu' kernel module.  So anyone else having this issue and using AMD cpu/graphics... try installing "Radeon Top" plugin.

Edited by 45leopard
SOLVED ISSUE
  • Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid won't boot into Gui Mode
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PeteB said:

Still broken for me too! :(

I was hoping there might be some words of wisdom on the forum, but I suspect I'm just going to have to live with thus bug.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Have you tried installing the  Intel GPU top plugin?

On 5/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, sunbear said:

I'm pulling my hair out over here.

My GUI also stopped working. I don't use any NVIDIA or INTEL special drivers and have an integrated Radeon R7 APU. Can someone please help me figure out how to get my GUI back.

Have you tried installing the Radeon top plugin?

• JorgeB changed the title to Unraid won't boot into Gui Mode
1 hour ago, 6of6 said:

the OP didn't mark it solved. Who moderates this forum?

I did because of this:

On 4/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, 45leopard said:

SOLVED.... Installed "radeon top" plugin which enables 'amdgpu' kernel module.  So anyone else having this issue and using AMD cpu/graphics... try installing "Radeon Top" plugin.

My mistake since it wasn't posted by the OP, removed SOLVED.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my unraid running on ESXi and wanted to passthru a physical NIC instead of using the trunked VLAN. Not so easy to do via the web GUI and the issue with two NIC on the same subnet. In troubleshooting I could need boot into the GUI in either the ESXi console or on a standalone PC.

For me removing "modprobe i915" from the go file got me into the GUI on the stand alone PC and update the network.cfg, but I still cant boot from the ESXi console, could be plop or something else.

So maybe this helps others as a workaround on standalone or the developers to look into why the modprode kills the video drivers.

I will look around and see if I can get the plopexec working with the GUI boot option.