Mover No Longer Working

6 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

Verify no shares are set to cache-prefer?

Set appdata, domains, system to cache-only for now until you make room on cache for them. You will have to set them back to prefer and disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings to get them moved to cache where they belong, but only after there is room.

26 minutes ago, trurl said:

Set appdata, domains, system to cache-only for now until you make room on cache for them. You will have to set them back to prefer and disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings to get them moved to cache where they belong, but only after there is room.

Okay I set those shares to cache-only. 

Are you saying that I should set them back to prefer then disable Docker and VM Manager then try the mover?

8 minutes ago, jnelson22 said:

Tried this still not working.

Checked the diagnostics posted earlier and as far as I can see there is no share with Use Cache=Yes setting which is the one required for files to move from cache to array.  Have I missed something?  Which share do you think is not behaving as expected?  I would suggest turning on the Help in the GUI for this setting to see how the various options work and how they affect mover.   Turning on mover logging might also help with seeing what is going wrong.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, jnelson22 said:

Okay I set those shares to cache-only. 

That should allow you to move other shares data off cache without getting those shares involved.

2 minutes ago, jnelson22 said:

Are you saying that I should set them back to prefer then disable Docker and VM Manager then try the mover?

Not until you move the other data off cache to make room.\

You have a couple of other shares set as cache-prefer that should probably be cache-yes, and that is almost certainly your problem. These shares are anonymized as D--a and n-------d.

Set those to cache-yes, set appdata, domains, system to cache-only, run mover without the plugin, wait for it to complete, then post new diagnostics.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

Agreed, remove the plug-in and try and move.

Verify no shares are set to cache-prefer?

I set everything to no on the cache settings. Still not moving. From my understanding of the settings is that "No" won't move anything but anything no won't go there. Is that a correct understanding?  

image.png.996ea7db74b9f1a80fd330f86f0084c7.png

My plan is to use unBlance to move the files "Data" files off the cache. Is that a good approach?

Just now, jnelson22 said:

I set everything to no on the cache settings. Still not moving. From my understanding of the settings is that "No" won't move anything but anything no won't go there. Is that a correct understanding?

That is correct. Cache-no won't write any new files to cache, but it also won't move anything. You need to get things moved off cache.

1. Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings
  2. Set appdata, domains, system shares to cache-only
  3. Set Data and nextcloud shares to cache-yes
  4. Run mover without the plugin

Wait for it to complete then post new diagnostics.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, jnelson22 said:

I was miss understand the difference between "Yes" and "Prefer".

Not your fault. It's confusing because Unraid has evolved and changed immensely over the years, and some legacy settings haven't been renamed because of inertia and nobody came up with a universally accepted way of upending tradition and starting over with new terminology.

• Haha 2