Unraid 6.9.2

Plugins: Community Applications and Unassigned devices

Specs:

i5 11400

ASrock H570 Phantom Gaming 4

16GB DDR4

5x HDD onboard SATA

1x NVME onboard m2

I just updated my motherboard bios from 1.30 to 1.70. The bios is wiped on update, so I entered in my previous settings and upon starting the server, my parity drive is now missing. The drive is showing up in bios and I can see it listed as an unassigned device on the Main page. For reference, the drive is sdb.

I had a browse through similar posts and someone suggested disabling VT-d, that didn't help.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

apollo-diagnostics-20210422-1536.zip

Edited by Benji

Solved, but I have a question. I browsed more posts and someone suggest checking the sata cables. It was still clipped in, but out by by less than 1mm. I just pushed on all the cables to be sure and that fixed it. Should I replace the cables or can they really be that delicate?

Edited by Benji
  • Benji changed the title to [Solved] Parity drive missing after mobo bios update
2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Make sure the cable has no tension that might cause it to pull on the connection. Bundling cables to make them neat can sometimes cause problems.

I think this could have been the problem, it's quite a tight fit with a bunch of cables in there. I moved some around to make more space, hopefully it shouldn't happen again if I need to pull the server out.