Plugin Advice Needed For Mass File Deletion

EvadingFate

Unraid noob here. I am not a smart man and I've made a huge mistake. I finished setting up Radarr and all is well. I've modified my quality settings to get the best quality files I could get my hands on however I mistakenly checked the box to download full disk images which are around 40GB each.

I didn't realize the error of my ways until it was too late and my storage has been completely cannibalized by these files. I need to remove them but there are so many (literally hundreds) that I need an efficient way to identify these files by partial file name, file type, or size then remove them.

Is there a plugin or container that would fit my needs? Version: 6.9.2

Edited by EvadingFate
  • EvadingFate changed the title to Plugin Advice Needed For Mass File Deletion

You could use a Find command in Linux or simply use windows Search against the share like Squid said and when they all show up click delete. 

For find

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-how-to-find-and-remove-files/

Windows Search in File Explorer

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-search-in-windows-10

Depending on your level of Linux I would highly encourage the Windows search just to make sure you don't wipe out things that you didn't want to. I honestly use Windows search a lot unless its something I delete often then I have a few find commands in some code, but I've tested it many times on. test folder and some files before I unleash it on my server.