Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt error

16 hours ago, jovdk said:

I'm getting this error after replacing my cache drives and restoring appdata on them

At the same time did you rename the pools or remove the cache pool?

You have no "cache" pool, but appdata backup was set up to backup from the cache pool to the array.  When you restored it, it dutifully put the backup exactly where it was told to, except that the cache pool doesn't exist, so it winds up in RAM

Additionally, since this is what presumably happened, you also have docker containers that were referencing /mnt/cache/appdata/..., so the system is going to automatically create /mnt/cache every time the container starts.

I removed the pool and made a new one

actually 2 new pools

5 hours ago, Squid said:

You have no "cache" pool, but appdata backup was set up to backup from the cache pool to the array.  When you restored it, it dutifully put the backup exactly where it was told to, except that the cache pool doesn't exist, so it winds up in RAM

Additionally, since this is what presumably happened, you also have docker containers that were referencing /mnt/cache/appdata/..., so the system is going to automatically create /mnt/cache every time the container starts.

so is there any way to make sure everything is using the new pool?

I do see the appdata folder on the new pool

@itimpithat folder was created when i used my old cache pool

when I restored my appdata it wanted to write there but my new cache pool have a different name

unraid changed the cache drive automaticly when i went in to the share options, but in the shares tab it still wanted to go to the old drive

So I had to manually chanche the cache drives from my shares, let them copy ofcourse to the new pool, and I did a restart

then the error in my system log was gone, so then i removed the folder and contents in terminal

did a restart, and everythink is working fine now

3 minutes ago, jovdk said:

@itimpithat folder was created when i used my old cache pool

when I restored my appdata it wanted to write there but my new cache pool have a different name

unraid changed the cache drive automaticly when i went in to the share options, but in the shares tab it still wanted to go to the old drive

So I had to manually chanche the cache drives from my shares, let them copy ofcourse to the new pool, and I did a restart

then the error in my system log was gone, so then i removed the folder and contents in terminal

did a restart, and everythink is working fine now

If you have done a reboot and the folder does not reappear then it sounds as if you DID correct the root cause.   It was not clear to me that you had done the final reboot to confirm this was the case.

• 10 months later...