unraid starts with wrong ip from time to time

MiWu

I have the problem that sometimes I can't access my Unraid server, because it just doesn't take the DCHP address from the router but just starts with a 169.xxx ip address. This happens in about 7/10 cases and it's really annoying because I usually turn off my server in the evening because I only need it to archive video material and then the next day I have to turn the device on and off 7 times until it starts with the correct IP. I just do not know what the reason is, in the router are fixed IPs assigned and in unraid also. I have 3 network cards, one onboard on the motherboard and a 10GbE card with two independent network ports, I have tested all ports individually and have also tested two together, it is always the same phenomenon. What I read in the forum so far is that the server assigns itself a 169.xxx address when it is not assigned an address, but I do not know why, since the router is connected 24/7 to the server and the cables are also okay. What could be the reason?

Inkedscreencapture-192-168-178-46-Settings-NetworkSettings-2021-04-24-19_25_26_LI.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to have solved it in a strange way. I had to notice that my server (a HP desktop computer), now and then would not boot, because no boot drive was found. I had the feeling it was the Secure Boot stuff from HP that messed up, so I first screwed around in the bios, without success. Then I made a new boot stick (USB 2.0, the old was USB 3.0) and now everything seems to go smoothly and the server also pulls the IP address assigned to him. Very Strange.