Drive Pools - Managing them and creating some new ones

I have just watched the latest @SpaceInvaderOne video on drive pools and managing them. My server is two years old and I have two ssd's in raid 1 for my docker containers which I will leave well alone. I also have an NVME drive mounted as an unassigned device which has my Windows VM running and it works really well. 

Now with unRaid 6.9 I am thinking of creating some drive pools.

I have got another NVME drive coming which I will install and create a drive pool on that one device and use it for files downloaded etc. That's easy to setup.

However, I was thinking of creating another drive pool with the original nvme for VM's. If I move the current unassigned devices nvme drive into this new pool, it will wipe the drive if I am correct? What is the best way to retain the VM data held on this current installed nvme drive and move it all to the new drive pool?

I just want to ensure I use the best (and easiest) procedure to minimise any problems along the way and thought the community would have the best ideas. Thanks for any help.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, JorgeB said:

If the UD NVMe device was formatted with a relatively recent version of UD you can assign it to a new pool, start the array, then add the other NVMe device.

Thanks for the post. The NVME was formatted with version 6.9 so maybe it will keep the data when I assign it to the drive pool? It will be the only one in the pool, so that should also not complicate anything. The new NVME will be in a separate pool and it will be brand new so no issues with losing data there.