unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta5 Available

limetech

Ahh hell... you can get -beta5 to start if you go into 'config/disk.cfg', find line that has "spindownDelay" and set as follows:

spindownDelay="0"

This sets the default spin down delay to "never".

I need to take down -beta5 and put up -beta6...

My disk.cfg was at to 2 hours: spindownDelay=2

Do I change it to "0" WITH THE QUOTES to get it working again? or no quotes, since it originally has no quotes.

I'm a linux n00b, pretty much no knowledge. (Beta 6 not up yet, so that's why I'm asking this question). Thanks

EDIT: Ok putting "0" is fine.

Kinda weird that now the Disk selection appears when you stop the array, I like it back in settings... less chance of screwing this up.

webGui: use hdparm program to query spinning status instead of ioctls()'; now all device type specific code is gone.

I guess this hasn't been fully implemented yet? Getting the errors below on the one data disk in the array attached to a BR10i. Querying for temps seem to be working great though.

Right the statement, now all device type specific code is gone is not entirely true, but I wasn't sure if those commands were implemented or not on that controller (I don't have that controller in order to test)... apparently not.  This might be a show-stopper as far as that controller is concerned until I re-write the spinup group feature to be user share based, instead of "host group" based.

Say the word and I'll ship a BR10i to you to test with.

Kinda weird that now the Disk selection appears when you stop the array, I like it back in settings... less chance of screwing this up.

When/if you hot plug disks one-by-one you will appreciate it all on the same page.  Probably I will end up putting a checkbox somewhere that disables all the fields unless the box is checked.