Fully reset unraid, delete everything

I've set up a new server for home, so I want to start over with my old one at my office.  I want to fully reset unraid, remove all shares, users, plugins, files, etc.  The 'new config' option resets the disks, but everything is still there.

How do I start over as a brand new server?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, JDBaron25 said:

How do I start over as a brand new server?

After you do what ChatNoir said with your boot USB, you will need to format your data and cache drives as well. Unraid does a really good job of trying to keep you from losing data, so you have to go out of your way to completely start over.

• 4 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 9:19 AM, ChatNoir said:

Hello @JDBaron25, I would :

• backup the drive
  • create from scratch (the creator should format the flash drive)
  • copy the .key file from the backup to the new /config directory
  • plug it in the server

Is there anyway to do it right from Unraid without having to format the flash drive? Like some kinda command that'll basically reset it back to a clean/fresh install?

11 hours ago, IMTheNachoMan said:

Is there anyway to do it right from Unraid without having to format the flash drive? Like some kinda command that'll basically reset it back to a clean/fresh install?

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want all of your settings gone? Do you want all of your data gone?

If you are having some problem a fresh install isn't likely to fix it, since Unraid is already a fresh install at each boot.

The Unraid OS is contained in archives on the flash drive. These archives are never changed except when you upgrade Unraid to a new version.

The Unraid OS is loaded fresh from these archives into RAM at each boot, and runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware except easier to work with.

Settings from the webUI are stored on flash and also are applied after the archives are loaded.

What are you trying to accomplish with a clean install?

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to piggy-back onto this thread:

I have a paid Unraid license.

I've been messing around on a borrowed server, waiting for my DL380p from ebay, which just arrived.

I have weirdness, like my docker folder is 4 levels deep...

since my unraid doesnt have anything important, i just want to start fresh, but w/o buying a new unraid license.

above it was posted:

"create from scratch (the creator should format the flash drive)

copy the .key file from the backup to the new /config directory"

on /boot/config i see

• Basic.key
  • Trial.key
  • Plus.key

copy all three?

I copy from my unraid usb stick from /boot/config/Basic.key and save that on my PC.

I got to unraid web sit, and create a new install of unraid on my usb drive.

I copy Basic.key back to USB /boot/config/Basic.key

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Do you have a Plus or a Basic license ? I guess that you upgraded from Basic to Plus ?

If so, just keep the Plus.   (does not hurt to backup the flash drive just in case ;) )

Correct, I upgraded from Basic (this now makes sense, that you point it out).
I'd assume if I upgrade again, I will have another key file.