Ransomware and encryption

squirrellydw

@squirrellydw

Have you seen this script? I run it once a month on all my media shares and yes I've actually tried to modify my files to no avail.  I even created a few User.Scripts so I can just click a button to launch them as needed. Will it shut down a script? Probably, but a well versed knowing what hes doing person might get around it pretty fast, but I'm not going to make it that easy on them. ;)

Security.Lock.Media

#!/bin/bash
#noParity=true
#arrayStarted=true
/mnt/cache/appdata/scripts/no_ransom.sh --lock-files 'yes' --media-shares 'Movies,TV' --include-extensions '*.*' --debug 'yes'

echo "Sending Notification"
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify -e "$(date +%D-%H:%I) Media Locked" -d "$(date +%D-%H:%I) Media Locked" -i "normal" 
echo "."
echo "."
echo "done"

Basically the above calls a script that I have sitting on my SSD and I choose to lock Movies and TV share. You would create a script to the exact opposite of --lock-files 'no' to unlock them. I created a script to lock those and unlock those and separate ones to do just TV and just Movies. When its all said and done I get a message from my server telling me it locked or unlocked depending on what I did.