License Key, and the odds of being able to update it

Hi there! So, I'm just having a week it would seem. My USB drive for unRAID just ate it, and had to be replaced. No problem, I had a backup! (Do you have yours?)

Upon rebooting, it complained about the license not matching the USB UUID and I went "OH YEAH! ... I hope I can still get to that email addres......"

I could, I did, it's resolved and I'm running and online so this is not of immediate priority BUT -- I need to see if I can talk to someone about changing my registered email address, and probably the registered name since the DBA it was purchased with is no longer valid and I'd rather update it.

I attempted to go directly to unRAID support via website, but the contact form had a field requesting a forum post, so I figured I'd ask.

I can prove identity, and ownership of both email addresses I wish to transfer from and to. I have physical evidence of my ID and even an old business card I could dig up to prove I am the business in question, and I'll gladly provide them over ...well, secure means of course.

I'd rather not start barking out identifying details, so if someone could put me in touch with That Individual(TM) I'd appreciate it.

Edited by codefaux
Biases
13 hours ago, codefaux said:

Hi there! So, I'm just having a week it would seem. My USB drive for unRAID just ate it, and had to be replaced. No problem, I had a backup! (Do you have yours?)

Upon rebooting, it complained about the license not matching the USB UUID and I went "OH YEAH! ... I hope I can still get to that email addres......"

I could, I did, it's resolved and I'm running and online so this is not of immediate priority BUT -- I need to see if I can talk to someone about changing my registered email address, and probably the registered name since the DBA it was purchased with is no longer valid and I'd rather update it.

I attempted to go directly to unRAID support via website, but the contact form had a field requesting a forum post, so I figured I'd ask.

I can prove identity, and ownership of both email addresses I wish to transfer from and to. I have physical evidence of my ID and even an old business card I could dig up to prove I am the business in question, and I'll gladly provide them over ...well, secure means of course.

I'd rather not start barking out identifying details, so if someone could put me in touch with That Individual(TM) I'd appreciate it.

Hey there @codefaux,

Please reach out to us via the support form and include your old and new USB GUIDs (purchase receipt works) and we will take care of you. For the DbA, please include what you would like to change the name to. Thanks

• Thanks 1