[SOLVED] Unable to resize '/var/lib/docker': Read-only file system

Thank you for the response!  Could it be the instability I saw when I updated to Unraid 6.9 from 6.8.3?  I found that Unraid would just hang on me, so I downgraded back to 6.8.3 and things have been solid since.

What steps should I take to retain my data and fix this issue?  I do not want to loose my bitwarden or other docker appdata.

Thank you for your help!  I've run scrub multiple times and deleted the files that were reported in the log.  It appeared all of the corrupted files were in my unifi-controller appdata folder.  Once those were all deleted, and scrub returned no errors, I tried to delete the entire unifi-controller app data folder.  While windows reported the folder was deleted, it still existed.  I then put the array into maintenance mode and the file system check came back with errors.  I ran a repair, did another scrub, deleted the unifi-controller folder (for real this time), and everything seems back to normal.

I am concerned about upgrading this system to 6.9.2, given the hangs that occurred with 6.9, but that's another issue and not a pressing matter given 6.8.3 runs rock solid for me.

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to resize '/var/lib/docker': Read-only file system
  • 2 years later...

@trurl I have read through the post.  I am not seeing anything in the log file about bad files that should be removed.  I ran a scrub but am getting this error in the log "scrub: not finished on devid 1 with status: -30".  

@JorgeB I took the array offline and did a check filesystem on my cache pool.  This is what it came back with, "attempting to repair backref discrepancy for bytenr 686580432896 backrefs don't agree with each other and extent record doesn't agree with anybody, so we can't fix bytenr 686580432896 bytes 67268608 failed to repair damaged filesystem, aborting."  Earlier in the day I accidentally assigned a new drive to my cache pool then removed it.  I am not sure if that factors into any of this.  I think I am screwed lol!