Cache drives running hot

I use two 250 GB Samsung 250 EVO SSD's for cache.  Ever since upgrading to 6.9.2 (I never used 6.9.0 or 6.9.1)  it seems like something is constantly in use on the cache drives and I get 20 warnings a day about them exceeding 40 degrees.  I bumped the warning to 43 and now the warnings are rare, but obviously.. not the best fix.

Any idea what changed in 6.9.2 that keeps my cache drives burning?  

My signature is current with Dockers/Plugins and hardware.  Plex would be a culprit for using Cache to transcode, but clearly this is more than just Plex.  The amount of usage changed and the warnings were immediately different after upgrading.  

Any thoughts or insight of where to look is appreciated.  

Just now, 6of6 said:

From 40F to 110F?... It's my understanding that EVO's are quite happy with high temperatures, but... where are you getting these temperatures from?

Sorry that was probably confusing.

40C....110F I swapped to F this morning so I could quit doing the gymnastics in my head to convert.

Short version they are running in the high 90's to 110 (F) when in use.  

The big difference is they seem to constantly be in use, all day.  This is a change since upgrading Plex from 6.8.2 to 6.9.2