[SOLVED] Removed Disks Cache and 1 array drive

I made a mistake and was upgrading my storage capacity.  I had a single cache 256GB SSD and an array drive 480GB SSD.  I needed the sata cables for the new drives so I removed those after copying the data over to the other array drives.  The cache drive I left alone and didn't copy anything.  I also have another cache drive that is used which is 500GB SSD.  Once I removed the drives I ran a parity check which took 36 hours and then after I connected my 2 new 14TB drives and its currently clearing.  

Here is my issue.  Before I removed any drives I was at 46TB of data out of 86.4.  Now my current storage is at 48TB out of 86TB.  My radarr and sonarr are also showing that about 876 movies are now missing, which are currently downloading and moving back and same with sonarr.  A ton of shows are now missing episodes.  A lot of these are older movies from last year I downloaded as well as the shows.  Whats really getting me is judging by the space used nothing was deleted, but I cannot find the files.   Could they possibly be on the parity drive and waiting till the new drives are done clearing?  I gotta be missing something here?  I know I didnt do it right out of the gate and I goofed but here I am now.  

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  I did run a forensic on the removed array drive and it shows 0 files.  

image.thumb.png.dfeaa0319d3166f27fe757aac0db5d0a.png

Edited by davidjmorin

The parity drive has no file system so it has no files on it.   It simply works in conjunction with other drives to provide redundancy against a drive failure.

You should probably post your system’s diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools -> Diagnostics) attached to your next post it might allow us to give some informed feedback.

54 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The parity drive has no file system so it has no files on it.   It simply works in conjunction with other drives to provide redundancy against a drive failure.

You should probably post your system’s diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools -> Diagnostics) attached to your next post it might allow us to give some informed feedback.

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware the parity does not have a file system but the array drive I removed should have something.  

Attached is my diagnostics. 

Thank you

tower-diagnostics-20210501-1949.zip

Edited by davidjmorin

This is my current array and space available/used

image.thumb.png.438e2e369849286d79616a505ada705a.png

This was 4 days ago before I removed that drive.  

But the issue is now in my plex I am missing over 800 movies and I dont even know how many shows.  Sonarr was clear and caught up and now there are hundreds of shows missing 5-10 episodes each.  

But what is taking up the space then?

image.png

Edited by davidjmorin
6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

shareUserInclude="disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6"

You're not including disk7 in the user shares, you should select include="all", so any disk you add it the future is automatically part of the users shares.

Now I just feel like an idiot.  This was the issue.  Thank you sir.  

Wow what a rookie move. 

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Removed Disks Cache and 1 array drive